Panadol Extra Strength Acetaminophen Caplets 500 mg  » Medicine  »
  • I know they are supposed to be child proof, but these were almost adult proof
  • I think these pills could have been better at its pain killing abilities but was very sufficient
  • I was kind of disappointed in this medication, but won’t say it is the worst out there

• by adrean_j

I sent my husband to the store to pick up some Tylenol for me. I was suffering from some terrible back pains once again, and wanted some rapid release caplets. Of course, he came back with something else as he always does. I was a little irritated, but he said that it was the same acetaminophen at a bit of a cheaper price. He purchased the Panadol Extra Strength Acetaminophen caplets for 3 dollars at a local drug store. For that price we got 24 500 mg tablets. I had to take them because my husband made it very clear that he was not going back to the store. I

took two caplets for maximum results. They looked similar to most pain pills and were small white pills. The dose was fairly easy to swallow and was pretty comfortable. I didn’t feel them going down and that is the most important thing.

The pills were kind of frustrating at first because they were quite difficult to get out of the packaging. They were packaged in a clear plastic tray with a foil an paper back. I had to pull off the back, but still had problems getting the paper off of the foil part. I had problems just trying to push the pills through the packaging. I know they are ...

• supposed to be child proof, but these were almost adult proof. After finally getting them out, I was able to take my dose. I started to feel a little relief even though I didn’t expect to. I was kind of upset because it took too long to get into my system. When you are in pain, you don’t want to wait 45 minutes to feel some sort of relief. I think these pills could have been better at its pain killing abilities but was very sufficient. The pain in my back started to dwindle away. I was able to sit up and watch some TV for a while without feeling
        that horrible aching feeling I had been dealing with all day.

The pain stayed gone for about 4 hours, which isn’t nearly long enough for me. It was even more of a bust because you can only take acetaminophen every 6 hours at this dosage. I was kind of disappointed in this medication, but won’t say it is the worst out there. It works decently, but I would have been more satisfied if it was stronger and more effect. It can be compared to many acetaminophen tablets on the market, and really didn’t do anything special to wow me. If you want a cheap acetaminophen tablet try Panadol Extra Strength.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2618101300001231/k2311a1018/10.18.10