NARS Body Lotion in Ginger Grapefruit  » Cosmetics  »
  • The one feature about this NARS body lotion that I like is the ginger grapefruit scent

• by Lisa Pellegrini

NARS is a high-end French cosmetics company that I have only been acquainted with for a few years. They caught my eye in the cosmetics department of Bloomingdale’s. They have some very unsual make-up products which I have purchased, but I will not be reviewing any of those here. I want to tell you about the NARS body lotion in ginger grapefruit.

I have some

mixed feelings about this product. I will stress to you that it did not leave my hands greasy at all. (My hands are the only area of my body that I like to cream.) But I must tell you that the non-greasiness did not make this product a winner for me. Why, you ask? Well, to tell you the truth, it absorbed into my skin so thoroughly that it did not leave my skin feeling moisturized at all. Now I confess, I have experienced the same situation with a few of the other lotions and creams on the market recently. Maybe the cosmetic companies are trying out a new kind of formula. (I would call it the “it’s so non-greasy that it makes your hands DRY” formula.) But ...

• NARS Body Lotion in Ginger Grapefruit
      at least those other ones on the market that I tried were not nearly as expensive as the NARS body lotion, which is priced at a hefty $40 a bottle. Well, I must say that price is SCARY to me, although I understand that it is a high-end company.

The one feature about this NARS body lotion that I like is the ginger grapefruit scent.

It is a luscious and sparkling scent with a fresh citrus aroma. My nostrils really come alive when I breathe it in! That is the one real thumbs-up remark I can make about this product, and it really gives the lotion character. Although I do appreciate the fact that NARS wants to make the lotion non-greasy, I personally just feel that they went a little overboard.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3118101299711231/k2311a1018/10.18.10