Ever Bilena matte lipstick  » Cosmetics  »
  • The Product The shade that I bought was Mauvey, a nudish pinkish brown color, and Skin, a skin-tone color
  • My Experience and Opinion Ever Bilena is a cosmetic brand from the Philippines
  • Unfortunately, none of those two websites has this lipstick that I am reviewing
  • Honestly, I have never been a fan of Ever Bilena products before as I have noticed that their products look cheap and contain pore-clogging ingredients on their powders and foundations
  • I would still recommend these though for ladies who are looking for nude shades that would not wash them out and for a cheaper alternative for expensive brands that offer these type of colors

• by hidge24

The Product The shade that I bought was Mauvey, a nudish pinkish brown color, and Skin, a skin-tone color.

The container is a smooth, rectangular black plastic tube with a silver screw up container inside, and a sample of the actual lipstick color attached at the top of the lipstick tube.

This lipstick barely has obvious scent and taste.

Since this is a matte lipstick, this is more on the dry side. The lipstick itself is also harder compared to typical lipsticks.

The price is Php125 or almost $3.

My Experience and Opinion Ever Bilena is a cosmetic brand from the Philippines. This has been around since I was a kid. I just found out today that they have two websites, one is everbilena.com/classic which has their old products while the other one is everbilena.com which has their newly created products. Unfortunately, none

of those two websites has this lipstick that I am reviewing.

Honestly, I have never been a fan of Ever Bilena products before as I have noticed that their products look cheap and contain pore-clogging ingredients on their powders and foundations. Until recently, I noticed that they revamped their cosmetic packaging and added new products that are on the hype these days. Some of them are their nude lipsticks! I remember passing their stall before, but I have never seen any nude-colored lipsticks.

So one day, while I was in a mall with my friends, I accidentally glanced at the lipstick shelves of Ever Bilena. Upon that accidental glance, I discovered that they already have nude lipstick shades. So, I immediately grabbed their testers and observed them closely if they have any shimmers as I want a nude lipstick that is matte in ...

• color. To my delight, they were totally matte shades! So, I bought the two shades: Skin and Mauvey.

These lipsticks, from the way they look, they are seriously matte as in totally dry looking. When I swiped the lipstick on my lips, I noticed that the lipstick is harder than those lipsticks that I have tried before, so I ended up swiping it on my lips for like three to four times just to see its color payoff. Yes, it took me that much of swiping to see the color on my lips. It must due to the lipsticks’ unusual hardness. So in that regard, I would conclude that these nude lipsticks are on the sheer side. The good thing about these nude lipsticks though is that, both of the two shades that I bought blended well with my

skin and did not wash me out. When I also wiped the lipsticks off, I noticed that they are in fact, moisturizing on my lips, which is a surprise from a matte lipstick. I also tried putting lip balm first before applying these lipsticks, and they look better!

The Bottom Line I like these nude lipsticks for their shades and price, but I hate how oddly hard these lipsticks are. They could have at least made this a little softer just like a traditional lipstick so it would not be so hard to apply. I would still recommend these though for ladies who are looking for nude shades that would not wash them out and for a cheaper alternative for expensive brands that offer these type of colors.

Pros Cheap, they do not wash me out, and quite moisturizing.

Cons This lipstick is too hard to swipe!

Would I buy this product again?

No, not again.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3118101299541131/k2311a1018/10.18.10