The Sleep Master Sleep Mask (sleep aid)  » Health  »
2.5
  • It covers the ears– and I found this annoying
  • If it were just a bit smaller in size, and had something to prevent the eyelids from beimg touched, I think this would be an excellent product

• by reviewabit

I often sleep during the day, and I have used several different types of sleep mask. The Sleep Master is one a friend gave me as a gift. My old mask was made of foam and indented over the eyes so that no part of the mask touched your eyelids as you slept. This is probably one of the most helpful features of a sleep mask, and this particular one does not have it.

That said, it is still a good product with some major plusses. It is very soft. It will not irritate your face or ears.

It has velcro straps which make

it completely adjustable. It’s larger than most masks. It almost feels like it covers your whole face– which is both a good thing and a bad thing for me.

Because of its size, it blocks out light better, and is less likely to have light bleeding in when you happen to turn over in bed and shift the mask. Also because of its size, it can be a bit hot and feel a little smothering in warmer weather. The fabric is cool and comfortable though, on its own.

It covers the ears– and I found this annoying. The thin padded fabric is not capable ...

• of blocking out noise, so I do not see the point in having it cover your ears. In the middle of the night, sometimes I would wake up because my ears felt irritated.

I am not used to having something over them. Again, a bit of a smothery sensation. I have found that if I have it on and adjusted loosely, I cannot feel the surface of it on my eyelids.

But, if it is loose, it tends to fall off during the night. So I can’t seem to win in that area!

The mask came with earplugs. I cannot comment

on the quality of those because I cannot tolerate any kind of ear plug.

They would drive me nuts. If it were just a bit smaller in size, and had something to prevent the eyelids from beimg touched, I think this would be an excellent product. It may work better for some, especially if they like the way it blocks light better (because of the size).

I still think over all it is a very good sleep mask, and I do use it on occasion when my other one is in the wash. That’s another good point– it is washable, but most sleep masks are, to be fair.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3418101299511131/k2311a1018/10.18.10