Clorox Toilet Bowl Cleaner with Bleach  » Housewares  »
2.5
  • I decided to try Clorox Toilet Bowl Cleaner with Bleach to try to get some of the staining out from it
  • I figured if nothing else would do the trick, bleach would definitely do the trick
  • It came in a two pack so I thought that was a very reasonable price for it
  • I prefer scrubbing bubbles spray because I like the smell better and I like the fizzing action of it
  • I prefer something that has multiple uses

• by Dawn

Our house has well water and the toilet bowls can get very nasty looking at times because of it. I decided to try Clorox Toilet Bowl Cleaner with Bleach to try to get some of the staining out from it. I figured if nothing else would do the trick, bleach would definitely do the trick. It also kills germs which is great when it has anything to do with the bathroom. I purchased the Clorox Toilet Bowl Cleaner with Bleach from Walmart for $3.72. It came in a two pack so I thought that was a very reasonable price for it.

The

toilet bowl cleaner has a slanted spout on it so that the liquid squirts up around the top of the toilet bowl. I squirted some of the Clorox Toilet Bowl Cleaner into the toilet and let it settle for a little while. After letting it set for a little while, I used the toilet brush to scrub out the toilet. It worked a little, but it didn’t really get the stains out like I wanted it to. There was still very noticeable areas of the toilet bowl that were definitely not white. I didn’t really care for the toilet bowl cleaner. I prefer scrubbing bubbles spray because I like the smell better and I like the fizzing action of it. It also seems to work better than the Clorox liquid. The liquid was really more of a gel that is supposed to stick to the bowl and give it a chance to work on the tougher stains. I still didn’t like it as much as the Scrubbing Bubbles.

I wouldn’t recommend this product for cleaning the bathrooms to their best. It does an okay job, but it really isn’t what it’s cracked up to be. It is just another cleaner that cleans the ...

• Clorox Toilet Bowl Cleaner with Bleach
      surface dirt but doesn’t really go beyond that. It has a rather strong bleach smell as well, which I don’t particularly care for. Too much of a chemical smell can make you sick. In fact, it can give you walking pneumonia which can result in a hospital stay. I just didn’t care for the product as much as other bathroom cleaners that I have tried.

I probably won’t be purchasing this product again. I will use just plain Clorox Bleach if I really need to get a stain out of the toilet bowl. That works much better. I will definitely get a

chemical smell from that as well, but it will at least get the job done. I just leave it sitting for several hours before flushing. It is like a magic cure. You don’t want to do that too often though. It is bad for the environment and that is something that none of us can afford. As for the Clorox Toilet Bowl Cleaner with Bleach, I would leave it on the store shelf for the remainder of my lifetime. It just wasn’t worth anymore than any other bathroom cleaner and it is only meant for the toilet bowl. I prefer something that has multiple uses.

Clorox Toilet Bowl Cleaner with Bleach
Bueno says :

Agree. Furthermore, after a single use, the spout froze in my case, and there was no way to use the remainder, as the top does not unscrew. If pressure is applied, the liquid oozes out from around the base of the spout. The under-the-rim spout is a lawsuit waiting to happen.

Joanna says :

Hi Bueno,

Personally I never had much luck with the Clorox under-rim toilet cleaner. It never really worked quite right, and all the product just oozed out everywhere. For me, it was more expensive than what it was worth.

If you’re looking for a good alternative, I suggest The Works at Dollar Tree. It cleans just as well, but is a fraction of the cost. I would definitely suggest the works over Clorox under-rim toilet cleaner anytime.

Joanna

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5318101299211131/k2311a1018/10.18.10