Cooper’s Toasted Beef Ravioli  » Food  »
1.5
  • Tasteless is the word that I think best describes Cooper's Toasted Beef Ravioli
  • The raviolis are quite generously packed with beef, but the problem is not with the quantity, but the quality
  • The beef still helped contribute to how filling these raviolis were, but when I eat something for dinner, I like that something to be both filling and flavorful

• by CirclingCanvas

Tasteless is the word that I think best describes Cooper’s Toasted Beef Ravioli. The raviolis are quite generously packed with beef, but the problem is not with the quantity, but the quality. The quality of the beef isn’t all that hot. The beef is pretty much devoid of flavor that would entice the taste buds. If some seasonings or spices were added to the beef, the quantity must have been minuscule because the beef filling is more bland than anything. The beef still helped contribute to how filling these raviolis were, but when I eat something for dinner, I like that something to be both

filling and flavorful. This way, I’m satisfied in more ways than one. I’m like most other people out there, when I eat something, I like to be able to enjoy eating that something, and unfortunately, these beef raviolis were really difficult to enjoy.

The dough that housed the raviolis was tender, and that was good, but just as the beef didn’t do much for my taste buds, neither did the dough. The dough was as close to tasteless as it could be, I think, and with the spaghetti sauce and Parmesan and Romano cheese topping that I of course added, I might as well have just ...

• been eating a bowl of meatballs since the dough was flavorless. The dough, like the beef, also contributed to the raviolis being filling, but again, I was craving a meal that was both filling and flavorful, and these raviolis just kept missing the mark when it came to the flavor. They were plenty filling, but not at all flavorful. I do like that the raviolis didn’t fall apart real easily. They held together until I cut them, and as I said, the dough was tender, so these were a couple positive points that these raviolis had to offer. Now if they just tasted better, this
        would be a quality frozen product, but the lack of noticeable flavor is really such a big problem that it pretty much nullifies the positives that these raviolis exhibit and make a second purchase of the beef raviolis under this brand out of the question.

A “3″ rating is about all I can give these beef raviolis due to the almost tasteless beef filling and the equally bland dough. They are tender and they do hold together very well without falling to pieces, but for over two dollars and fifty cents, there’s just not enough flavor for me to want to buy another fourteen point five ounce package.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2715101298611231/k2311a1015/10.15.10