Chef’s Cupboard Family Size Chicken Noodle Soup  » Food  »
  • The price really stood out and caught my attention, so I decided that I would give this soup a try

• by CirclingCanvas

The Chef’s Cupboard Family Size Chicken Noodle Soup comes in a big can. The size of the can is twenty-six ounces. That’s over two times the amount that comes in Campbell’s Chicken Noodle Soup, and all that soup comes in a can for only one dollar and nineteen cents. The price really stood out and caught my attention, so I decided that I would give this soup a try. I’m the only one that cares for chicken as everyone else in the house seems to get nauseous just by looking or smelling chicken, so I only prepared a half of a can for lunch, along with some rolls. Just by looking at the thin, shoestring noodles and the small pieces of

chicken, this off-brand product sold at ALDI Food Market stores looked very much like the Campbell’s Chicken Noodle Soup product. Which isn’t necessarily a bad thing, although I do prefer Progresso soup over Campbell’s.

Not only did this soup look very much like it could have come out of a can that read “Campbell’s,” but it also tasted almost like Campbell’s soup, too. There was a mild chicken flavor to the broth and of course to the small pieces of chicken too. The chicken pieces were tender just as the noodles were. There was a generous amount of long, stringy noodles and just like Campbell’s soup, a not so generous amount of chicken pieces. The soup was reasonably filling, although not as ...

• quite as filling as a can of Progresso Chicken Noodle Soup. That soup has thicker noodles and bigger pieces of chicken, so naturally, it’s going to be more filling, but it also costs more than this soup and comes in a smaller can, too. This particular brand of soup, much like the Campbell’s brand, is a cheaper alternative to the more expensive canned soups on the market, but the flavor and and the size of the noodles and chicken slices are all inferior to an extent to the pricier canned soups. I still enjoyed the soup, though.

I load up on Progresso soup when there’s a good sale or I have a coupon that I can use, but when there isn’t a

sale or a coupon, this is a soup that I would choose over Campbell’s since the quantity is greater and retails for less money too than the large Campbell’s cans. The soup is very much comparable to Campbell’s in quality too which is both a good thing and a bad thing since for the amount of money a can costs, Campbell’s soup is a good soup, but it’s not nearly as good as the higher quality Progresso soup. Whether I’m feeling fine or a little under the weather, for the price, this is a soup that I don’t mind buying. I feel an “8″ rating is fair considering the flavor of the soup and the size and amount of chicken that comes in the soup.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2715101298491231/k2311a1015/10.15.10