Gordon Ramsay’s: Football Hell - Football Blooper DVD  » Sport  »
  • He is after all just the presenter and not really connected with football, but I found his presentation style a bit predictable and some of the clips shown I have seen on other DVD's or videos
  • However, I thought the swearing had been toned down a little, which was fine, makes it better viewing for a wider audience, but I suppose I was almost expecting an explicit stand up routine whilst watching some funny football clips and this was actually far from what I got

• by JustHonest

With Gordon Ramsay becoming such a big name in the world of food and becoming just as famous for his use of the F word, it was perhaps no surprise when he was chosen to front a football bloopers DVD as he never hides his passion for the game.

If you are a fan of football bloopers then such a DVD will always be comical, even if you don’t like football you might be surprised to see what odd things

can happen on the pitch.

I do admit to being a bit deflated by this one though.

Perhaps I was expecting too much from Gordon Ramsay. He is after all just the presenter and not really connected with football, but I found his presentation style a bit predictable and some of the clips shown I have seen on other DVD’s or videos.

Anyone that has watched one of his shows knows how lively he is and knows how often he swears. I ...

• don’t tend to find swearing that amusing but there had been the suggestion that he swore so much in this DVD it had become very funny almost for that reason alone.

However, I thought the swearing had been toned down a little, which was fine, makes it better viewing for a wider audience, but I suppose I was almost expecting an explicit stand up routine whilst watching some funny football clips and this was actually far from what I got.

Don’t

get me wrong, Gordon is not a stand up comedian and the fact that he is not swearing a phenomenal amount makes it better for a younger audience to watch.

I suppose the certificate of 12 should have told me all I needed to know, but this was given to me as a present and whilst it was good, I felt ultimately it was the male version of a fitness video whilst you’re in the public eye. A money spinner.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3515101298221131/k2311a1015/10.15.10