Walgreens Zinc Cold Therapy Citrus Quick Melt Tablets  » Medicine  »
  • On one occasion I decided to try a product that was not very typical
  • As long as my nose is not clogged I can usually avoid the headaches
  • The best thing was that after taking these tablets for 2 days, I really didn’t even have to struggle with a cold
  • I think anyone who is sick all the time and hates colds should give this a try
  • I would definitely purchase these tablets again if necessary

• by adrean_j

It sometimes seems like I have tried hundreds of medicines to get rid of colds. I hate being sick and will usually run out to the store as soon as I feel symptoms. I hate the runny and clogged nose. I can’t stand the headaches, and the severe cough drives me insane. On one occasion I decided to try a product that was not very typical. I purchased something different, because I had a lot to do that week and wanted to try to stop the cold in its tracks. I got the Walgreens Zinc Cold Therapy Citrus Quick Melt Tablets. These are little tablets that shouldn’t be swallowed or chewed. They are

designed to melt in your mouth as you salivate. The tablets were fairly easy to get out of the package, and I could just pop one in my mouth. At first it was a really unusual feeling. I kind of felt like I had an Alka Seltzer tablet disintegrating in my mouth. It tasted very much like citrus and did not have a nasty after taste as I had expected. It melts within minutes and goes down the throat with ease.

The first thing that makes these tablets great is the fact that they are non drowsy. There is nothing I hate more than having to sleep when there are things to do.

• The tablets were very effective, even after the first dose. I could start to feel the effects of it after about 15 minutes. It seems to get into my system much quicker than other cold medications. I was able to breath more clearly and my nose was more open. I was really relieved about this. As long as my nose is not clogged I can usually avoid the headaches. The cough I had was not gone, but mild. I liked this medicine because it seemed like a less medicine like way of treating a cold. I would feel better for a good 5 hours before I felt like the symptoms were coming back.
        The best thing was that after taking these tablets for 2 days, I really didn’t even have to struggle with a cold. I felt weak those first two days, but by the third day I felt like myself again. I didn’t have to take very many of these tablets and would say three a day was more than enough.

I think anyone who is sick all the time and hates colds should give this a try. It is great at treating the cold quick before it starts to take over your whole life. I would definitely purchase these tablets again if necessary. What can be better than getting vitamins and cold treatment at the same time.

richard street says :

I used Walgreens Quick Cold Melts for a cold last year and found it to be fairly effective. I still had some tablets left when I came down with a cold this week, but when I went to Walgreens to buy more I found the name was different even though it was still displayed next to the Zicam and also the formula different. Also, the description was slightly different where the QuickMelts claimed to reduce the duration of a cold in addition to lessening its symptoms, the new product Zinc Cold Therapy claims only to reduce s the severity of cold symptons. I would be interested to know why these changes were made to your product? Also, I found the new formula melts much more quickly. If the idea is to coat the membranes with the zinc product, is this an improvement? Thanks for you time.

Jennifer Davis says :

Hi Richard, the reviewer does not have any connection to Walgreens as a company and so would be unable to answer your questions. However, here is the Walgreens Customer service number so that you can ask someone who can help you:
    1-800-925-4733

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2615101297881131/k2311a1015/10.15.10