Leapfrog Fridge Phonics Magnetic Toy
  • Although playing with a toy like this with limited components could have its disadvantages, I like the fact that there are food buttons inside of the fridge that allow my nephew and me to just focus on learning the specific foods, their colors, or just the letters of the alphabet
  • In my opinion, this toy would make a great gift for a young child who is in the early stages of language development
  • I have caught my nephew singing a few of the songs when we were not playing with the fridge so I know that this product has definitely been a benefit to him
  • It is a great deal for the price and I guarantee that any child would get hours of enjoyment

• by Simply_Fabulous

I saw this toy in Wal-Mart and it was so adorable that I had to purchase it for my 14 month old nephew. Whenever he visits my house, he always tries to take all of the magnets off of my refrigerator which is the main reason why I always try to place them too high for him to grasp. He also tries to play in the refrigerator whenever I open the door to take something out. I figured this toy would be perfect for nephew since it would enable him to have his own mini refrigerator for him to play with.

This toy is both cute and educational. It comes with these adorable little magnets that are in the shape of items that you would find in the refrigerator.

Each magnet has the first letter of the word highlighted on top of the magnet with the name of the food on a label in the bottom. Playing with this toy is very simple and easy for a small child to do- all a child has to do is place the magnet inside of the little refrigerator. Once the magnet is placed in the fridge, the sound of the first letter of the name of the word will play as well as its sound and a corresponding song when the food magnet is pressed down.

Although playing with a toy like this with limited components could have its disadvantages, I like the fact that there are food buttons inside of the fridge that allow my nephew and me to just ...

• focus on learning the specific foods, their colors, or just the letters of the alphabet. I also think that it is a nice touch that the door of the fridge opens and closes like a real one and most of the food magnets correspond to food that are nutritious which helps to introduce my nephew to healthy eating at a young age.

In my opinion, this toy would make a great gift for a young child who is in the early stages of language development. Before purchasing this product, I used to notice how my nephew would struggle to say certain words and I like the fact that this product helps to introduce him to different words and the proper way to say them. Another good thing about this product is

that the songs that it plays are very entertaining. I have caught my nephew singing a few of the songs when we were not playing with the fridge so I know that this product has definitely been a benefit to him. Even though this toy has been accidentally dropped a few times, it is very durable which makes it perfect for use by a young child.

I would rate this toy a 10 out of 10. It is a great deal for the price and I guarantee that any child would get hours of enjoyment. I definitely think this is the perfect companion to have your child play with while you are preparing meals in the kitchen. It is also a great toy to travel with since it is so compact.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5415101297811131/k2311a1015/10.15.10