Lucky Star Buffet in Rainbow City, AL  » Restaurants  »
3225 Rainbow Drive, Rainbow City, AL 35906
  • To be honest, I am tired of hamburgers and barbeque sandwiches so eating at this Chinese Restaurant was definitely a welcomed change
  • One of the things that I love about it is that it is reasonably priced “all you can eat” buffet
  • Currently, they have a $4.99 special that runs from Monday through Saturday which I believe is the cheapest price for a Chinese buffet in town
  • Unfortunately, since this restaurant is located in a shopping center that has several businesses that are very close together
  • I would highly recommend it for a friend to try and I do plan on visiting the restaurant again in the future

• by Simply_Fabulous

Most of the time I choose to stay at home and cook instead of going out to eat. However, a few days ago my best friend and I were shopping in the Rainbow City, Alabama area and we were looking for something great to eat. To be honest, I am tired of hamburgers and barbeque sandwiches so eating at this Chinese Restaurant was definitely a welcomed change.

This is one of my best friend’s favorite places to eat and she was eager for me to try it. One of the things that I love about it is that it is reasonably priced “all you can eat” buffet. Currently, they have a $4.99 special that runs from Monday through Saturday which I believe is the cheapest price for a Chinese buffet in town. There is also an

option where you can get your food to go although the price of your plate depends on how much your food weighs. The restaurant is also conveniently located within minutes of several banks, retail stores, grocery stores, and churches. Unfortunately, since this restaurant is located in a shopping center that has several businesses that are very close together. As a result, finding a parking space was a little hectic in my opinion, but there is an ample amount of overflow parking on the bright side.

Once I entered the restaurant, I was pleasantly surprised. It looked very clean and inviting, and my friend and I were immediately asked by a hostess who asked us which section did we want to sit in (smoking or non smoking). To be honest, I though the service that ...

• we had was okay. The server that we had did not really ask us much except if we wanted a refill. He mostly stared at us every few minutes with an impatient look on his face like he was ready for us to leave. After about five minutes of my friend and I eating there, he brought us a bill for our meals without saying anything. Initially I thought that perhaps he was just this way with my friend and I, but he also seemed to act the same way with several of the other patrons.

As far as the food there is concerned, mostly everything that I ate was delicious. There was a wide variety of different foods to choose from although some of the foods looked more appetizing than others. There was everything

from sushi to pizza, but my absolute favorite item was the teriyaki chicken. There was also a great salad and fruit bar as well as several soups available. Aside from the ice cream machine that they have, most of the desserts that they have were unappealing. I love Chinese fried donuts and I was extremely disappointed that the ones on the buffet were cold and somewhat hard.

Overall my experience eating at this restaurant was positive. The food was very good and there were so many different options of dishes to try that I almost could not decide what I wanted to eat. I would rate my visit there an 8 out of 10. I would highly recommend it for a friend to try and I do plan on visiting the restaurant again in the future.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 715101297781131/k2311a1015/10.15.10