San Marino Tuna Fillet- Spanish Style
  • My Experience and Opinion San Marino is a canned tuna brand from the Philippines
  • I believe they were the first brand to introduce the corned-type tuna in the Philippine market, but their tuna fillet is what caught my eyes
  • The Bottom Line This is truly a delicious tuna
  • I really love its spicy flavor that is not over the top
  • Cons I like this, but some people who have low tolerance with spicy foods might hate this

• by hidge21

The Product The container is a round gold tin can. The total weight of the product is 180 grams.

This has a signature scent of a Spanish style flavor that is spicy but in a mouthwatering way.

The taste is initially spicy but on the later chew, I could feel the mixture of different ingredients like carrots and black pepper.

The texture is oily, but that is expected for a Spanish style-flavored food most especially in tunas.

The price is Php36.75 or less than a dollar.

My Experience and Opinion San Marino is a canned tuna brand from the Philippines. I believe

they were the first brand to introduce the corned-type tuna in the Philippine market, but their tuna fillet is what caught my eyes.

While I was shopping for food in the grocery with my mom, I saw this in the shelves. I felt interested about this since that it is in a fillet form unlike the traditional canned tunas that are either in flakes or chunk forms. At least with this one, I could get to experience a whole slice of tuna. And so, I picked it up and put it in our push cart.

The next day, I asked our helper ...

• to heat this on a frying pan. I set my spoon, fork, and plate with rice while waiting for it to get heated. Later, the tuna fillet was served. I cut a little slice, got its oily sauce, and put it over the rice. On my first chew, I really felt all the spices mixed with it and how spicy it was, but in a nice yummy way. The tuna itself is soft and juicy. In short, I really liked it!

The Bottom Line This is truly a delicious tuna. I really love its spicy flavor that

is not over the top. I like the fact that this has omega 3 DHA that gives a lot of health benefits. And since that this is a tuna, I do not have to worry of gaining too much weight while enjoying eating this. I would definitely recommend this to people who love spicy or Spanish style-flavored foods and for those who are on a diet.

Pros Affordable, has omega 3 DHA which is healthy for the body, less fattening, and delicious!

Cons I like this, but some people who have low tolerance with spicy foods might hate this.

Would I buy this product again?

We buy two of these every week! So, definitely yes!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2715101297651131/k2311a1015/10.15.10