Wasabi KitKat
  • I like the packaging a lot because it looks very Japanese and very apt for the flavor
  • The flavor is unique and interesting and I love the novelty of it

• by TheCity

I recently tried the Wasabi KitKat which was a present to me from Japan. It came in a green and white box with Japanese characters and pictures of the wasabi plant and the light green KitKat. I like the packaging a lot because it looks very Japanese and very apt for the flavor.

Inside the box were two packets of KitKats, each with two chocolate bars inside. The wrapper had a similar

design as the box. The KitKats look the same as the normal ones except that they are a cool shade of light green.

When my cousin first presented me with the KitKats, he told me that they were green tea flavored, which is why it tasted a little strange to me when I first bit into it because it did not taste like green tea at all. However, it did not take long for ...

• me to conclude that it must be wasabi flavored. The chocolate coating tastes like white chocolate with a wasabi aftertaste, and the aftertaste is actually very distinct. They made a good job of duplicating the wasabi flavor. The moment I realized it tasted like wasabi, everything fell into place.

This flavor is actually delicious. The wasabi aftertaste goes well with the wafer and it’s quite fun and addicting to anticipate it. However,

I would say that I still prefer the milk and dark chocolate KitKats as I am not a big fan of white chocolate.

All in all, the Wasabi KitKat is a cool product and I’m glad my cousin bought it for me. The flavor is unique and interesting and I love the novelty of it. It’s a great and hassle-free gift to give people if you are going to Japan. Highly recommended!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2715101297621031/k2311a1015/10.15.10