Cub Cadet 50 Inch 22 HP Kawasaki Hydrostatic Lawn Tractor  » Housewares  »
  • I prefer a John Deere but I just couldn't afford the higher cost of it
  • I decided on the Cub Cadet because I had heard good things about it
  • It was definitely better than using a push mower
  • I think my problem is that I had the thought in my head that only a John Deere would due
  • I would recommend the Cub Cadet if you can't afford the more expensive brand

• by Dawn

I needed a riding mower for my rather large lawn so I went to Home Depot to see what I could find. I looked at all the tractors they had including John Deere. I prefer a John Deere but I just couldn’t afford the higher cost of it. I decided on the Cub Cadet because I had heard good things about it. The mower cost $1999.00, which was a very reasonable price for a riding mower.

When I got home, I read all of the instructions to make sure that I was doing everything right. I didn’t want to do the wrong thing and end up killing the Cub Cadet. I got on the mower and gave it a try after I had everything set up

on it. I will tell you that I still prefer the John Deere. I didn’t like how things were positioned on the Cub Cadet as much as the John Deere, but I got used to it after a while. The mower itself ran very well. It did a good job in getting an even cut on the grass and I could get fairly close to the house and around trees and the like. It was definitely better than using a push mower. It wasn’t a bad lawn mower. I think my problem is that I had the thought in my head that only a John Deere would due. The Cub Cadet didn’t run as smoothly as the John Deere did but it worked fine.

I would ...

• probably go the extra dollar and purchase the John Deere the next time. I still think it is the more outstanding performer. Cub Cadet doesn’t seem to last as long and often needs more repairs done to it than the John Deere does. I liked the Cub Cadet and it served its purpose. It also didn’t cost nearly as much as a John Deere would have cost. I would recommend the Cub Cadet if you can’t afford the more expensive brand. It will do what you need it to do. It is also great for hauling things in if you purchase something to hook to the back of the tractor. It is much easier gathering up grass clippings, weeds and even rocks than it is
        to carry those things by hand to their destination. If you ever owned a John Deere, it is unlikely that you will care much for the Cub Cadet. Keep that in mind while you are shopping. The Cub Cadet probably wouldn’t bother you much if you have never tried it’s best competitor.

If you take care of the Cub Cadet properly, it probably won’t need as many repairs as I have known Cub Cadets to need. That is the same with any piece of machinery, but Cub Cadets seem to break down much more often than other brands. That is one of the main reasons that I probably wouldn’t purchase a Cub Cadet again. It isn’t worth all the trouble that they have been known to be.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5314101297501231/k2311a1014/10.14.10