Flexeril medication  » Medicine  »
  • The main problem I had with this drug was the tiredness I experienced upon waking
  • Finally, he and I decided that I would take half a pill two hours before going to bed

• by opalina143

Flexeril, also known by the generic name of Cyclobenzaprine, is a muscle relaxant that is prescribed for a number of different reasons. One possible reason for prescribing Flexeril is the ease pain for muscle spasms. He can be prescribed because of an injured back or pulled muscle. I was originally prescribed Flexeril for this purpose.

Because the medication causes extreme drowsiness, it should only be taken at night. I took Flexeril for two months. The main problem I had with this drug was the tiredness I experienced upon waking.

I was instructed to take Flexeril an hour before I went to bed, with the understanding

that I would become tired within the hour and then sleep soundly. The drug did help me sleep, but I remain very tired the next morning. I had the feeling of being “hung over” the day after taking Flexeril, and was tired for up to four hours after waking up.

I was tired all afternoon and sometimes even into the evening. This caused major problems, because I kept drowsing off during the day and constantly felt tired. I told the doctor this, and he told me to take the Flexeril pill two hours before going to bed instead of an hour before going to bed.

This ...

• helped a little, but I still remained very tired the next day. Finally, he and I decided that I would take half a pill two hours before going to bed. I used a pill cutter to cut the pill in half, and after that had no further problems.

I still had some difficulty getting up in the morning, but once I was up, I had no problem staying awake. Flexeril is a powerful medication that causes extreme drowsiness. While it takes several hours for the drowsiness to occur, it lasts a long time.

You should not take this medication late at night. If you need

to get up early, take this medicine early the night before. The medication did help with the pain.

It prevented my muscles from cramping and bunching up. Without these muscle spasms, It was easier to sleep. I stayed asleep longer, and did not wake up throughout the night.

Prior to taking this medication, I am hard time falling asleep and staying asleep. After taking the medication, these problems pretty much went away. So the medication was very effective, but I can see how the problem to take this medication if you need to get up early and also need to be alert during the early morning hours.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2614101297451231/k2311a1014/10.14.10