Sony CyberShot DSC-HX1 camera  » Cameras  »
  • Well, six months ago I bought this camera
  • After hesitating a lot between this and the Canon G11, I decided, basically for two reasons
  • If your hobby is photography and want to move from a compact camera to a better one, I recommend you this, it has many benefits and is much easier to handle than a SLR camera
  • I think it's a very good camera, the photos you've taken so far out pretty well even in low light

• by Ludvik Rahman

Well, six months ago I bought this camera. After hesitating a lot between this and the Canon G11, I decided, basically for two reasons: price (the Canon has very good image quality but it has other benefits and was 200 euros more expensive) and the panoramic sweep function.

The first thing that surprised me is that this camera is 9.1 megapixels, little to what is seen in other models today. On Sony’s website indicate that it is a real resolution, the truth that I have insufficient knowledge on knowing what they mean by this. In any case, its resolution is more than sufficient for my needs, and I imagine that most people who use these cameras and not a professional.

I am delighted with this camera,

yes, I’m just an amateur. I guess if you spend more seriously you choose another camera. If your hobby is photography and want to move from a compact camera to a better one, I recommend you this, it has many benefits and is much easier to handle than a SLR camera.

The only drawback I see is that it weighs a bit, at first not noticeable but if you’re going to spend all day taking pictures, you will feel it. It is also true that the night shots without flash out sometimes with a little noise, but there is a mode that allows you to make this kind of photography editing out the noise and wonderful.

It has many functions, including I emphasize the possibility of ...

• panoramic photographs, are pretty cool and can cover large areas. It also has the function to bursts of photos, especially the last ten in a second. But if you compare with those in normal mode it shows something that lower quality. The zoom is impressive, the resolution is very good, modes that are are simple to use and allow you to take pictures of both automatic and manual mode, the panoramic sweep is a prettier, you leave a great panoramic photos (both horizontal and vertical very useful for horizons and buildings respectively) with no need to attach your photos, the battery will last all day making pictures with the screen (with viewer you can last much longer).

It also makes a high quality video,

which is a luxury, this camera does not need to buy a video camera, you have everything in one.The video is of immense quality, recorded in widescreen 1080, seen in a 32-inch screen looks really good. It has nothing to envy my old MiniDV camcorder. The only drawback I see is that files are generated in a mp4 format is not compatible with many programs. We must also say that recording high quality video memory card deals very quickly (which I have, which is 4 GB, I can store about 50 minutes).

I think it’s a very good camera, the photos you’ve taken so far out pretty well even in low light. The zoom is very good. I recommend it to anybody looking for a little more quality.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 4314101297421231/k2311a1014/10.14.10