Baldur’s Gate: Dark Alliance 2  » Games  »
  • What I enjoy thou in this game is the storyline
  • Another thing that's good about this game is that I like how upgraded weapons look and act in the game
  • But if you just enjoy playing rpgs with a decent storyline then I suggest you rent Baldurs Gate

• by venomsin99

Game: Baldur’s Gate: Dark Alliance 2 (PS2)

Play as either a barbarian, cleric, dwarven rogue, elf necromancer or monk. Destroy evil creatures, solve quests and gain wealth and items in this RPG game for the PlayStation 2.

Experience And Opinion:

The first thing that came to my mind when I played this game was Diablo. You control your character from an isometric view and move around hitting foes with weapons, shooting arrows or wicked spells from a distance. But this does not give the game much justice.

Gameplay

easily gets repetitive. In other words, this is just another hack ‘n slash game.

You can barely customize you character. You wont feel character growth, which is what RPG are made for.

What sucks too is that you have no control to change the color or looks of your armor. My gear has great stats but too bad my barbarian looks like a neanderthal clown. Sigh.

What I enjoy thou in this game is the storyline. It won’t blow your mind, but the plot moves nicely and it ...

• makes sense. Another thing that’s good about this game is that I like how upgraded weapons look and act in the game.

An example: My Barbarian has two upgraded daggers with bleed stat damage and when an enemy is close by, my daggers begin to glow and blood starts to spray around it. Cool!

Pros: Baldur’s Gate: Dark Alliance 2 has a great storyline. Which is rare for RPGs in the PlayStation 2.

Character and monster models are detailed and so are the spells. Boss fights look

epic.

Forging weapons is fun and awesome to look at.

Cons: You cant totally customize your character. This actually makes things boring.

Gameplay can get repetitive. Slash, Slash, cast spell, Slash…repeat.

You will start feeling extreme boredom when you have slain your…10th monster. Bosses can easily be beaten by memorizing their patterns.

Would I buy this game?

If you are a fan of the Dungeons and Dragons universe then buy this game. But if you just enjoy playing rpgs with a decent storyline then I suggest you rent Baldurs Gate: Dark Alliance 2.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2814101297261231/k2311a1014/10.14.10