Olay Total Effects 7 In 1 Anti- Aging Cleanser Wet Cleansing Cloths
  • For the last several months I have really enjoyed using Olay Daily Facials Express Wet cleansing cloths
  • I like the fact that I can clean my face and remove makeup quickly without needing to be near a sink
  • I think that’s long enough for me to decide that I do not observe any noticeable difference in my fine lines, pores etc. I don’t think these cloths are worth the extra dollar or two so I’m switching back to the Daily Facials Express the day I finish this package
  • I appreciate Olay making the effort to come up with a convenient to use anti aging product
  • I feel somewhat disappointed in these cloths because of that

• by Scarlet Hughes

Yahoo Messenger (required to be logged into Yahoo Messenger)

For the last several months I have really enjoyed using Olay Daily Facials Express Wet cleansing cloths. I like the fact that I can clean my face and remove makeup quickly without needing to be near a sink. I hate the way my face feels after washing it with the water that comes out of the tap anyway. I almost can’t do without these cloths at this point. So, I was intrigued to see they’ve come out with an anti aging version that goes with their total effects line. My mom uses their total effects syrum. I myself have just started to get a few fine lines here and there so I figured what the heck.

These cleansing cloths are different from the daily facial cloths I’m used to in a number of ways. First of all they’re a little more expensive, about a dollar or so more as I recall. Another thing, and I

don’t really like this is that they have a fragrance that smells like lotion. I really preferred the fresh clean smell of the other ones. My face and neck feel cleaner with the other ones and in fact, shortly after switching to these Total Effects cleansing cloths I got a pimple. That’s never happened to me with their Daily Facials. Still, not wanting to be wasteful I’ve soldiered on and kept using these new ones every day. Luckily, I have not had another breakout since.

That brings me to another puzzling difference between these products which is the information on the package. It says nowhere on this package if it’s recommended for daily use or not. I was just left to make that assumption on my own. I hope it’s okay. Also, unlike Olay’s daily facials it doesn’t say these are alcohol free or dermatologist tested. Among other things, the package promises that these are good ...

• for soothing dry skin. That’s all well and good, but I feel the ones I had been using felt every bit as soothing to me and didn’t have the unfortunate lotiony smell. It looks as though they’ve added some b vitamins to this formula and some other ingredients I’ve never heard of. Aside from that the cloths themselves seem to be pretty much the same.

Anyway, I’ve used these cloths every day for almost a month. As they come 30 cloths to a package that means I’ve just about used them up. I think that’s long enough for me to decide that I do not observe any noticeable difference in my fine lines, pores etc. I don’t think these cloths are worth the extra dollar or two so I’m switching back to the Daily Facials Express the day I finish this package.

If I do decide I need to do something more to combat the signs of

aging on my face, I’m perfectly willing to invest in a separate syrum or moisturizer, Olay or some other brand, for that express purpose. I don’t see that combining the cleansing cloth with anti aging ingredients is necessary. I appreciate Olay making the effort to come up with a convenient to use anti aging product. However, I don’t believe it really saves me that much time or money especially when there’s no noticeable difference in my skin as was promised. I feel somewhat disappointed in these cloths because of that. I don’t feel ripped off exactly, because these work just fine as cleansing cloths. It’s just that without noticeable anti aging results I can’t see any reason to choose them over their regular daily express cloths that are cheaper, smell better and have worked so perfectly for me in the past.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3114101296951131/k2311a1014/10.14.10