Singulair 4MG Chewable Tablets  » Medicine  »
2.0
  • That actually seemed to help a little better but then it got recalled and I know it is back on the shelves now but I am still a little nervous about buying it

• by jennrenai

My four year old son keeps getting prescribed Singulair chewable tablets every time his allergies act up. I give them to him like I am supposed to, one tablet every morning, but they really do not seem to help much at all. He still gets a stopped up nose and sneezes.

But for some reason the doctors keep giving it to him and they really seem to believe in it. Maybe it is helping and if he wasn’t taking

it maybe he would be much worse off than he is.

One major thing I do not like, besides the fact that it doesn’t really seem to work, is that it is so expensive if you do not have insurance. It is over $100.

And that doesn’t seem like a good price especially if it isn’t working. What I do like about it is the size and that it is chewable.

My son has no problem at all taking ...

• it. It is a small, kind of oval shaped pill that is pinkish red.

Once I had determined that Zyrtec wasn’t seeming to do any good for my son, I began giving him Zyrtec instead. That actually seemed to help a little better but then it got recalled and I know it is back on the shelves now but I am still a little nervous about buying it.

So far I haven’t heard of any recalls on Singulair and

the only reason I am really still giving it to him is because he has fluid on his ears that the doctors say should eventually go away after being on allergy medication for a while. So I guess unless he just seems to get worse allergy wise, I will keep him on it.

Like I said earlier, maybe it is working and I just won’t really notice unless I take him off it and he comes down with a bad allergy attack.

TL says :

My son is 3 1/2 and was prescribed Singulair when he got a really bad cough along with allergies that would not go away. The doctor said to give this to him at night time before he goes to bed and give him the over the counter allergy medicine during the day. His cough went completely away. His daytime allegeries are better but not completely gone. I notice that if I don’t give him the Singulair at night and just give him his daytime over the counter medicine, his running nose is worst during the day.

cathyvlimit says :

i also had used it but the powder one, but my child still get allergies while taking it, unlike the other anti-allergen powder that the doctor once prescribed, she didn’t have allergies while taking it. I forgot the name of the other medicine.

ls_mom says :

We’ve had a mixed experience with Singulair.

My youngest daughter was put on Singulair about 5 years ago for eczema. Not only did it clear up her eczema beautifully, it has helped tremendously with her allergies and asthma and she continues to take it everyday. During the worst of allergy season, I might also give her Claritin for a few days, but normally, the Singulair alone does the trick.

I tried my other daughter on Singulair last year to help with allergies when Claritin alone wasn’t helping. After three months, I hadn’t noticed any improvement at all, so we took her off of it and pursued allergy testing. We’re getting ready to start sublingual immunotherapy, so we’ll see how that goes.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2614101296691131/k2311a1014/10.14.10