V-Tech DECT 6.0 3-Handset Expandable Cordless Telephone with Digital Answering System  » Electronics  »
2.5
  • I decided to purchase a new phone set at BJ's Wholesale Warehouse
  • The V-Tech set cost $39.99 and came with three different hand sets for around the house
  • I was rather disappointed in the entire V-Tech phone, but as I said, it worked for all the more that I use a house phone for anyway
  • I would not recommend that you purchase this phone
  • I guess it really shouldn't matter much to me since I don't use the phone that often, but I want the best when I do use it

• by Dawn

I, like many other people, have considered doing away with my house phone altogether. I have not been convinced of it yet so I still need to keep decent phones in the house for such occasions that I might need a house phone. The phones that I already had in my house weren’t the greatest. You could hear a lot of static in them and they were a bit confusing to use because they didn’t work like other phones. I won’t go into detail about it, only to say that the phones I already had in the house were basically useless. I decided to purchase a new phone set at BJ’s Wholesale Warehouse. The V-Tech set cost $39.99 and came with three different hand sets for around the

house.

I hooked the phones up when I got home and proceeded to learn how to use it. Today’s phones aren’t as simple as the phones used to be though. It took me forever to figure out how to put a personal message on the answering machine. Once I did, it was fine. I then had to learn all the ins and outs of the rest of the phone. This system was no less complicated than the previous phone system I had in the house. I was greatly disappointed in this. I would love to find phones that were just phones, not all this other stuff that makes it hard to even figure out how to answer or call someone on the phone.

The quality of the phone calls ...

• was okay. I wouldn’t say that the sound is stupendously clear, but it is better than the static that I was getting on my other phone system. I guess I shouldn’t have expected too much from a phone system that only cost $40.00. I was rather disappointed in the entire V-Tech phone, but as I said, it worked for all the more that I use a house phone for anyway. I probably would not purchase these phones again. I should have done more research before I purchased these phones. It always pays to research the things that you are considering buying. If you don’t, you will likely end up as disappointed as I was in this product.

I would not recommend that you purchase this phone. Look for something

that is much less complicated to use and something that has a high quality sound. I consider this a waste of money for me and I wish I hadn’t purchased this phone set. I could have had a much better quality phone for the house. I guess it really shouldn’t matter much to me since I don’t use the phone that often, but I want the best when I do use it. I find that a house phone comes in handy when my cell phone’s battery begins to die. I use my cell phone for almost everything, but when I need a house phone, it would be nice to be able to know how to answer it or call from it. It’s just not as easy as it used to be.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1614101296271031/k2311a1014/10.14.10