Calphalon Twill Pot Holders  » Housewares  »
  • I did not like my previous pot holders before because the ones I bought from the market were just prone to tears and were torn after a few days
  • I can recommend to anyone (others are too big, too small, too stiff, not enough padding, horrible prints, etc).

• by aa9002

I did not like my previous pot holders before because the ones I bought from the market were just prone to tears and were torn after a few days. Not to mention they were thin and not easy to grip or handle, and are too small for my hands, when I hold certain pans and utensils of high temperature. They were hard to clean and the stains are hard to get rid of, which makes it frustrating.

But the Calphalon pot holders are in black color. They are

easy to grip, I like them. It is easy for me to grip or handle pans and pots with high temperature, because they have a silicone treatment on both sides which enable tough and stable grip, even when I have to carry around these things. But despite that, the potholders are made from 100 percent, heavy weight cotton twill that’s not prone to stains. They are thick enough, with a heat resistance up to 500 degrees (F). It is machine and hand washable, but I manually do it.

Since using these pot holders, I knew the difference between using these and using the old ones I used to use. My old pot holders were just thick, and sometimes the foma would just fall off and tear apart, and I can feel the heat of the pots I carry because of that. But the Calphalon pot holders are different because they are heavy weight weighing 1 lb and so are thick enough to keep me from feeling extreme temperatures when I hold pots and pans.

I can actually ...

• Calphalon Twill Pot Holders
      barely feel the temperature when I hold or carry them, and they feel comfortable to wear because they are made of 100 percent cotton. I can barely feel the silicone on both sides although they are thick enough to protect my hands from the heat or cold. Lastly, they are made to last because the threads and the fabric are long-lasting, they don’t fall off or don’t get loose, and are actually intact after months of using them.

I can recommend to anyone (others are too big, too small,

too stiff, not enough padding, horrible prints, etc…). They are ergonomic, just the right size, and the clear silicone ensures no slipping. That being said, the silicone attracts dust and dirt and food and even after repeated washings, the potholders still look filthy due to grungy silicone (though they are still as functional as new). I just bought some new ones in black and will keep the old ones in a drawer (nice to have an extra set of 2 when others in wash). You can’t go wrong with these.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5313101295020331/k2311a1013/10.13.10