Fresh Minerals Mineral Brush Foundation, Cool  » Cosmetics  »
2.0
  • It had a smooth texture, but I thought it was kind of strange because when it was applied it almost looked like there was glitter in it
  • I like the Twilight movies and everything, but I really don't want to emmulate the sparkly vampire Edward
  • I think it was supposed to provide a dew-like effect, but it was carried a little too far for me and I didn't like that about this product at all
  • I just needed to cover circles under my eyes and the skin tone problem I was having, but that was near impossible with this product
  • And even then, after all that work, it still wasn't giving me the coverage I needed and this product in and of itself kind of convinced me not to try powder foundations in the future because I didn't like my experience with this at all

• by edelina

It’s a shame that this foundation only comes in like three shades total. You have cool, medium and dark or something along those lines, and of course because I have a pretty pale complexion I went for the cool because it seemed to be the lightest and most translucent. Even though I need a translucent color that doesn’t mean I need or want a foundation that’s so light that it’s not going to give me the coverage I need. I like to have moderate coverage. I have uneven skin tone, blotchy even, and a few blemishes here and there that I wouldn’t mind hiding, and dark circles under my eyes and all of these

things I need to cover and I’d rather I just have one cosmetic that would do all these things instead of having a concealer and a powder and anything else to get the finished results I wanted to get. If I can knock out steps along the way then that’s what I’m going to do.

The foundation was nice and light so it didn’t feel oily and it didn’t feel watery either. It had a smooth texture, but I thought it was kind of strange because when it was applied it almost looked like there was glitter in it. In the bottle it didn’t look shiney or shimmering like that at all but as soon as it was on my skin I couldn’t seem to escape this constant sparkle. I like the Twilight movies and everything, but I really don’t want to emmulate the sparkly vampire Edward. I’m a little too old for that.

I could put powder on over the foundation and that would reduce the amount of shimmer, but that’s an added step I didn’t want to have to do. I think it was supposed to provide a dew-like effect, but it was carried a little too far for me and I didn’t like that about this product at all. There’s a brush built into the cap of the bottle, and I didn’t like this method ...

• Fresh Minerals Mineral Brush Foundation, Cool
      of application at all. It was difficult and unruly and I always ended up making a mess and it never seemed like I was getting complete coverage with this kind of foundation.

Powder foundations come with a lot of problems inherently because it’s not really a foundation you can build on, especially if you have bad skin and really need to hide imperfections. I just needed to cover circles under my eyes and the skin tone problem I was having, but that was near impossible with this product. The foundation felt really nice, but I couldn’t get over how difficult it was to use the brush. I ended up buying a throw-away container like

you can get at the store for soaps to take traveling with you, and I dumped the powder in that and used a powder puff that I purchased separately. That was a lot of work to go through just to see how well this powder would really cover because the included brush didn’t do anything at all and I was getting frustrated with it.

And even then, after all that work, it still wasn’t giving me the coverage I needed and this product in and of itself kind of convinced me not to try powder foundations in the future because I didn’t like my experience with this at all. No thanks. I’ll pass it up next time around.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3113101294750331/k2311a1013/10.13.10