Comb-A-Color Quick Haircolor Applicator  » Cosmetics  »
  • BUT, in the process I found a great product that I would highly recommend to anyone who likes to color their hair themselves and save some money verses going to a salon and having the same job done
  • I've had mine for at least two years now and it's the best thing for home hair coloring
  • If you can manage a 90 degree angle this is better because you avoid drips, but sometimes that's hard to do when you're coloring your hair yourself
  • This comb-a-color applicator takes all the guess work out of applying color to your hair and I love it and don't regret buying it for a single minute, not to mention that it was really inexpensive, no much more than just buying a travel bottle to put shampoo and stuff in

• by edelina

I did a bad thing. I colored my hair three times in a single month and totally destroyed it. BUT, in the process I found a great product that I would highly recommend to anyone who likes to color their hair themselves and save some money verses going to a salon and having the same job done. I admit I’m really adept at coloring my own hair and I’ve learned a lot of tricks of the trade over the years and I’ve had salon stylists comment on how professional of a job I’ve done, and this Comb A Color Quick Haircolor Applicator is one of the reasons I’ve been able to do such a thorough job of it.

It really

is easy to use. It comes with the hair color applicator and then a bottle. The bottle tip has a comb like end that parts the hair evenly each and every time so when you’re doing it yourself you don’t have to guess about how evenly you’ve applied the color to the back of your head which you obviously can’t see when you’re bent over the bathtub doing it yourself. You can use any hair color product in it, all your favorites, and then you just clean it and you can use it again the next time. I’ve had mine for at least two years now and it’s the best thing for home hair coloring.

Here’s what you do: You mix your hair color based on the directions that come with it, even using the bottles they provide. Then you pour the mixed hair color solution into the comb-a-color bottle, and then screw on the applicator comb tip and you’re ready to go. You still need to use the protective plastic gloves that come with the hair color that you bought because no matter how great and easy this bottle is, you’re still likely going to end up getting a little messy. You should comb or brush your hair before you start coloring with a regular comb, and this removes any tangles that might be there before you start and makes application that much easier.

You position the comb-a-color tip ...

• Comb-A-Color Quick Haircolor Applicator
      into the hair to light touch the scalp. You don’t want to drag this thing across your scalp and scratch yourself because if you do that the hair color will burn your scalp while it’s being applied, because it is full of some harsh chemicals after all, no matter how great a hair color it is. You squeeze the bottle and the color will start to flow from the tips and then you pull the comb through the hair all the way to the tips, like you were just using a regular comb. If you can manage a 90 degree angle this is better because you avoid drips, but sometimes that’s hard to do when you’re coloring your hair yourself.

And that’s all it takes. This comb-a-color applicator takes all the guess work out of applying color to your hair and I love it and don’t regret buying it for a single minute, not to mention that it was really inexpensive, no much more than just buying a travel bottle to put shampoo and stuff in. The comb tip makes a world of difference when applying the coloring and I find I don’t have to fuss with it as much as when I use the included bottles in the hair color kit. I have had some really great turnouts using this product and I’ll continue to use this any time I color my hair in the future. It’s almost addictively easy to use.

Comb-A-Color Quick Haircolor Applicator

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3113101294600331/k2311a1013/10.13.10