Revlon Gentle Cuticle Remover
1.0
  • It's truly amazing to me all the things that Revlon has managed to come up with over the years
  • I think their nail polish is pretty good but outrageously priced for the amount of coats you have to apply to get an even coverage but I was willing to give a few other products a chance and one of those was the Revlon Gentle Cuticle Remover 980
  • I bought a cuticle remover for $3, and this one was twice that cost, so it had better do a really good job and as fast as possible and maybe even fold my laundry for me and put away the dishes too for its cost
  • Unfortunately, it didn't do those things, and it didn't remove the cuticle either

• by edelina

It’s truly amazing to me all the things that Revlon has managed to come up with over the years. I remember the days when the only products they sold were foundations and powders and now they have a whole line of makeup products and nail care products. I think their nail polish is pretty good but outrageously priced for the amount of coats you have to apply to get an even coverage but I was willing to give a few other products a chance and one of those was the Revlon Gentle Cuticle Remover 980. Now I don’t know of a cuticle remover that isn’t gentle really. Most of them are basically like cuticle oils

that just soften the cuticle enough for you to push them back and they don’t remove the cuticle at all, or even hide them really. Just gets them out of the way to get ready for painting your nails or the rest of whatever you’re doing for your manicure.

And this Revlon cuticle remover was still more expensive, by at least twice as much as all the cuticle removers I’ve seen, or at least most of them. I bought a cuticle remover for $3, and this one was twice that cost, so it had better do a really good job and as fast as possible and maybe even fold my laundry for me and put

away the dishes too for its cost.

Unfortunately, it didn’t do those things, and it didn’t remove the cuticle either. I get so tired of companies using the word “remover” in their products when it does nothing of the sort. This product is a cuticle softener and nothing else. I don’t even think it makes for a good cuticle oil either. I mean it softens the cuticles decently but a good hand lotion could do that as well and at least you can use a hand lotion all over your body.

It had a stronger smell than I was expecting from a cuticle remover, but maybe that’s just me or it’s a bad batch or ...

• Revlon Gentle Cuticle Remover
      something because when I started to apply the remover it seemed to me to smell a bit like a nail polish remover, or a nail polish itself. I didn’t like that smell. My kids even commented “Mom, what are you doing because it smells!” and that told me it was strong enough that anyone in the room could smell it to. A cuticle remover shouldn’t smell like that.

And it was soft, like an oil, or like one of those nail strengtheners that you can apply that looks like a clear nail polish. It didn’t absorb very well or even coat the cuticle very well. It was a little too runny to stay in place

and do it’s job as a softener. I think Burt’s Bees puts out a hand balm and that stuff is fantastic for softening cuticles, but this stuff was just so-so and I didn’t really care for it all that much. I ended up bringing it back to the store a couple days later because I was irritated enough with it and the fact that even using it twice in one day, it hardly softened the cuticle, and certainly didn’t do anything remotely close to removing it. A couple hours after applying it, my cuticles were noticeable again, white and hard and cracked, so this doesn’t even have a days worth of staying power. Wouldn’t buy again.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3113101294540331/k2311a1013/10.13.10