Almay Bright Eyes Duo Eye Base + Concealer
  • I bought the light because I have a pale skin tone and this one is specifically for the lighter tones
  • I'm still a little disappointed that this wasn't a concealer I could use on my face as a whole, and that it wasn't excellent at the under eye circles, and it didn't reduce the puffiness at all, but it wasn't the worst undereye concealer that I've ever used

• by edelina

Because of the dark circles under my eyes and the puffiness, I have to use an extra concealer underneath my foundation just to keep it looking halfway decent, otherwise I just look tired and sick all the time, like I haven’t had a good night of sleep in years. I’ve had concealers and I’ve had dark-circle cover-ups, but usually you can’t use the dark circle cover up on the rest of your face because it usually has too yellow a tone to blend well with the rest of the skin. I was interested to see how this Almay Bright Eyes Duo Eye Base plus Concealer matched up to using two separate products that did the job this one is supposed to be able to do.

I bought

the light because I have a pale skin tone and this one is specifically for the lighter tones. It’s hypoallergic, but I’ve learned over the years that doesn’t necessarily mean anything at all, because some of those have still affected my skin in negative ways so I don’t put much stock in that kind of label.

You apply it to the skin around the eyes and I just blended it in using my finger or a clean sponge, blotting it as I went until it was blended, verses rubbing it across the skin. You never get full coverage that way and usually it looks unnatural when you apply it like that. The claim is that it will reduce the appearance of dark circles under the eye, but ...

• the main reason I even bothered with this product is because it called itself an eye base AND concealer. I was hoping that it would replace the two separate products that I was using and it would be easier to carry and take up less space in my purse. But it didn’t quite work out that way because the name of the product was a little misleading.

This is not a concealer for the whole face, only for the eyes. I’m sure that’s user misunderstanding on my part, but when you say eye base plus concealer, that’s just the conclusion I came to. But what it really means is that it creates a base around the eye on which to apply eye makeup, and then it’s a

concealer because it covers the dark circles and reduces puffiness.

I don’t even wear eye makeup all that often so I could care less about creating a smooth base on which to apply makeup. But I was glad that this did seem to cover the circles fairly well. They were less noticeable, but still somewhat present. I still felt like I needed to touch it up with some powder, but at least I looked a little bit healthier than before.

I’m still a little disappointed that this wasn’t a concealer I could use on my face as a whole, and that it wasn’t excellent at the under eye circles, and it didn’t reduce the puffiness at all, but it wasn’t the worst undereye concealer that I’ve ever used.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3113101294500331/k2311a1013/10.13.10