Neutrogena Lip Boost, Intense Moisture Therapy
  • I hate having chapped lips but it seems to be a problem that's going to follow me for the rest of the days of my life
  • I've tried vaseline lip balm and chapsticks and carmex and none of them last very long at all, and then I've tried some off brand lip blams that were little more than lip gloss and then I started moving along to speciality lip balms or chapsticks that cost a bit more money but were supposed to work much better
  • I think what fascinated me about the Neutrogena Lip Boost was because it was supposed to be a lip plumper and not just used to moisturize the lips
  • And I don't think for one minute this plumped my lips up in the least, but it did add a nice sheen without making my lips feel like I had a greasy or really slippery substance all over them

• by edelina

Oh what I wouldn’t give for a single day when my lips were moisturized enough on their own that I didn’t need to use a product of some kind to make it happen. I hate having chapped lips but it seems to be a problem that’s going to follow me for the rest of the days of my life. I’ve tried vaseline lip balm and chapsticks and carmex and none of them last very long at all, and then I’ve tried some off brand lip blams that were little more than lip gloss and then I started moving along to speciality lip balms or chapsticks that cost a bit more money but were supposed to work much better.

I think what fascinated me about the Neutrogena Lip Boost was because it was supposed to be a lip plumper and not just used to moisturize the lips. In fact, I

don’t even know if it was really meant to act like a chapstick or lip balm and was supposed to be solely for the purpose of plumping up the lips and maybe adding a bit of a gloss and finish in the process.

It did say that it “makes lips softer, smoother and fuller looking” and accent the natural color of your lips. I have a pretty good natural color and prefer to not wear lipstick because I think it just looks fake when I have such a pretty natural pink color anyway that I should accentuate and which I try to do by using lip moisturizers and leaving it at that. And this says that it will add a soft sheen as well, so I’m thinking it’s really just a lip booster with a gloss and not a moisturizer much at all.

But I liked it because it ...

• has all kinds of natural products in it and smelled so great. It had cucumber and peppermint so when I applied this it made my lips feel tingly and cool. At first I didn’t like it and had to force myself to wait it out and let the cooling sensation pass a bit and calm down, because it was almost on the verge of being uncomfortable. I think people take for granted that their lips are rather sensitive skin and you shouldn’t be putting things on them that are going to make them tingle and feel like Icy Hot. But maybe that’s just me.

It also had chamomile and aloe so I’m thinking that’s perhaps why the cooling sensation didn’t get truly uncomfortable and didn’t last that long because the aloe is such a natural moisturizer and skin soother. It worked in this instance because my lips felt very

smooth, but I wouldn’t say it felt like I had a moisturizer on necessarily. I’m so used to gloppy or greasy lip blams like carmex or vaseline which really just create a barrier and don’t really moisturize either. But the odd thing was that even though I felt this was a lip softener, it seemed to do the job better as a lip balm than the carmex and vaseline that I was so used to using. And I don’t think for one minute this plumped my lips up in the least, but it did add a nice sheen without making my lips feel like I had a greasy or really slippery substance all over them. In fact I really liked this, probably more than 75% of the lip products I’ve used. I wouldn’t have expected it of Neutrogena. Once I got past, or got used to, the cooling sensation, this was perfect.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3113101294470231/k2311a1013/10.13.10