HP M425 Digital Camera
  • Upgrading to the M425 created a few pleasant changes in my photography experience, at a surprisingly affordable price
  • I was a bit disappointed by the graininess of the full-screen view, perhaps unreasonably since video is not the primary function of the device
  • I enjoy photographing with the M425, and feel satisfied that it has provided good value with its useful functions and myriad options

• by starlandstudio
      There we were, plugging along with an old digicam; an early model which had set us back an astonishing amount. Determined to get our money’s worth, we squeezed 3 - years of photos out of it, and convinced ourselves that our images just looked fuzzy because we were unaccustomed to the new media.

Then came the hose incident, involving a hot July day, twin preschoolers, and an unruly hose.

Rather too late,

I realized the flaw in my plan to photograph some items for my online auctions while the children played nearby.

A new camera was required.

Upgrading to the M425 created a few pleasant changes in my photography experience, at a surprisingly affordable price.

Image resolution is clean and sharp, handling the most common print sizes quite admirably.

Real zoom lens has also dramatically improved the resolution of my photos; I am much ...

• more satisfied with the details, and the images produce much finer edited pieces.

Video clip capability with built-in audio recording has almost eased the agony of living without a digital camcorder.

The video images are quite good when viewed on small-screen.

I was a bit disappointed by the graininess of the full-screen view, perhaps unreasonably since video is not the primary function of the device.

The on-board editing features are quite extensive;

almost overwhelming for me, as I like to do my editing back home on the desktop.

But for those who like to do their cropping and clipping on-site, the Photosmart M425 offers an array of choices.

The auto-flash is somewhat prone to overexposing under darker conditions; providing some directed light on my subject has made this less of a frustration.

I enjoy photographing with the M425, and feel satisfied that it has provided good value with its useful functions and myriad options.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 432002129410928/k2311a0220/2.20.07