E.L.F (Eyes Lips Face) Studio Powder Brush  » Cosmetics  »
  • L.F (Eyes Lips Face) Studio Powder Brush is as its name implies a powder brush I bought this mainly to use with my liquid foundation
  • While looking for comparative reviews I found that price wise the E
  • So after much thought I decided to go for the sleeker looking, long handled E
  • The handle appears to be plastic and not wood which I think it great as plastic is longer lasting and less maintenance than wood, is light weight and the black ferrule looks solid and sturdy
  • I am totally in love with this brush and highly recommend it

• by true_value

Although the E.L.F (Eyes Lips Face) Studio Powder Brush is as its name implies a powder brush I bought this mainly to use with my liquid foundation. Well, there was a time when I only used powder foundation as I have really sensitive oily skin and liquid foundations always broke me up. But ever since I started using Revlon Colorstay with Soft Flex for oily/combination skin I have never gone back to using powder foundations.

I normally apply foundation using my fingers as I used to go for a sheer coverage but lately my skin has been breaking out due to my neglect post pregnancy and it has been generally in a bad condition. So I really needed to go for a fuller coverage and for that I realised that I have to use a proper brush that would give me full coverage with a natural finish.

I have tried applying my foundation with my Sigma Duo Fibre Stippling Brush and the Foundation Brush but I had mixed feelings from the results I got with them. The stippling brush is a bit pokey and is extremely time consuming and the Foundation Brush leaves streak marks.

So, I had been dissatisfied and was on a hunt to find a better brush.

I came across tons of good reviews and recommendations for the E.L.F (Eyes Lips Face) Studio Powder Brush. I also came across another brush which is the flat top brush from Everyday Minerals and I had a tough time choosing between the two. While looking for comparative reviews I found that price wise the E.L.F brush is definitely lesser but apart from that I found that the size of the Everyday Minerals brush is tiny and I prefer brushes with long handles as it gives a better control.

So after much thought I decided to go for the sleeker looking, long handled E.L.F Studio Powder Brush. In the US the brush is only $3.00 but since the brush is not available on the Asian E.L.F site, I had to look for it on eBay. Fortunately I found a seller on my local eBay and I got it for S$7.40 which is equal to about $5.50, which is still an affordable price.

The Brush is quite big and is about 7 inches long. It looks really sleek and stylish with ...

• its all black appearance. The handle appears to be plastic and not wood which I think it great as plastic is longer lasting and less maintenance than wood, is light weight and the black ferrule looks solid and sturdy. The bristles are glossy black and extremely soft. It came in a plastic cover with the E.L.F logo printed on it and inside is a card with description and instructions.

According to E.L.F the bristles are made from Taklon which is a synthetic material and that the brush can be used with wet or dry products. That it creates a professionally sculpted look and gives full coverage color.

The brush was so soft that I could not resist rubbing it on my cheeks even before I washed it and even so it was not scratchy or pokey at all. It had a chemical smell to it but that went off with the washing. There were a few loose bristles that I had to pull out and there were some sticking out that needed trimming. I noticed that the brush takes longer to dry than my other brushes that are made of natural hairs, but

once all that were done the brush was good to go.

The first time I tried it with my Revlon Liquid Colorstay foundation I realized that I have to go light handed with this brush because it just picks a lot at one time and piles it on the face. Also at first I felt that the bristles were too soft and not firm enough to apply uniformly but once I got the hang of it I now feel that this gives the best application I ever had with my foundation. In fact it uses very less of my foundation and yet gives a flawless finish without looked cakey.

I find that it also makes stippling so much easier than the duo fibre brush as this one has denser bristles and covers more area making it a breeze to apply. I simply love it and can’t be without it.

I also like that it cleans easily and does not require much effort. I normally just use my anti-bacterial moisturizers enriched dish washing liquid to clean it and that is all it takes for maintenance.

I am totally in love with this brush and highly recommend it.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3112101293741031/k2311a1012/10.12.10