Smith’s Rosebud Salve  » Cosmetics  »
  • Its effectiveness was the same as Vaseline in my opinion
  • A major problem that I had with this salve was its consistency
  • I did feel a bit disappointed because I was expecting the product to be creamier
  • I think that the color would be nice to wear during the cooler weather months since it adds just a hint of color to the face
  • While my experience using this product was not that good, I would recommend it for others to try since most of my dislike for the product is based on my personal preferences

• by Simply_Fabulous

To be honest, this product was nothing spectacular to me. Its effectiveness was the same as Vaseline in my opinion. The major difference between the two products is the smell and color which are two things that I could do without. A major problem that I had with this salve was its consistency. The texture of the salve feels slightly hard which makes it slightly difficult to apply. I did feel a bit disappointed because I was expecting the product to be creamier. I also hate the way that it makes my lips feel greasy instead of moisturized.

Not everything about this product is bad. I do like pink color of this salve since it gives my lips a slight tint after it has been

applied. I think that the color would be nice to wear during the cooler weather months since it adds just a hint of color to the face. I also find that the smell of the salve is refreshing without being too overwhelming.

I have a few friends who also own this product who are always raving about how great it is. My best friend recommended that I use it on my fingernails to help strengthen them. I have been applying the product twice a day to my nails during the past two weeks and I do notice a difference in the condition of my nails. My cuticles also feel much softer which is a nice surprise.

Aside from the product itself, I also had problems with its packaging. The ...

• tin that it comes in makes the application process difficult. I find that the product ends up getting underneath my nails. I originally purchased this product with the intent of just using it on my lips but it simply fails as a lip moisturizer for me. I suffer from dry skin, and I find that this salve is very effective when used on dry skin spots. I like to use it to touch up my skin on those days when regular lotion is not enough. Another problem that I have with the packaging is that sometimes it is very difficult to open to the extent that sometimes I just end up using something else.

Based on my experience, I do not plan on purchasing this product again. Although

I do not love using it, I do plan on continue to use the pot that I have since it is handy to use on my eyebrows when they are slightly unruly. I think that the wax like texture that the product has makes it ideal for taming flyaway hairs as well.

While my experience using this product was not that good, I would recommend it for others to try since most of my dislike for the product is based on my personal preferences. I think that I would have preferred the tube version of this product much better. This salve is relatively inexpensive so it is not a big waste of money if you do not like it. I would rate this product a 7 out of 10.

Smith's Rosebud Salve

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3112101293670931/k2311a1012/10.12.10