MAC Lustre Syrup Lipstick
  • Some might consider it like a purple, but I don't really think so
  • When I got home, I decided to test it out, and see how well I liked it
  • I have worn tons of pink lipsticks in the past, from bright bubble gum Barbie pink, to dark sort of magenta pink, and when I discovered how much this resembled pink, I was a bit disappointed
  • It isn't that pigmented though, so if you're looking for a super pigmented look, I would recommend applying it on to your lips like 3 times
  • But I definitely plan on using this during late Winter, since it wasn't as mauve as I was expecting

• by Kim

Since I’ve been becoming more attracted to dark mauve like colors lately, I’ve decided that I should buy more makeup of that color. I don’t know if it’s the Fall season that’s getting to me or something, but I have had an odd sudden attraction to these type of colors! So the other day I was browsing my local MAC store, since I haven’t been there in weeks, and when I saw this lipstick, I just couldn’t help but to stop and take a look. It was MAC’s Lustre Syrup lipstick! And it’s name really matches, because this lipstick sort of resembles the color of syrup, but it does have a hint of pink in it, which is nice, because it doesn’t look too dark or scary. Some might consider it like a

purple, but I don’t really think so. I would only consider this look for the fall only, not so much for the warmer seasons, because Fall trending colors tend to fall more around browns, mauves, burgundies, reds, greens, purple, and dark orange…etc! I’m sure you catch my drift. But anyways, I bought the lipstick for like $16.00 at the store, which is pretty average for any MAC lip product.

When I got home, I decided to test it out, and see how well I liked it. I put it on, and surprisingly it applied a little bit lighter than what I was expecting! I have worn tons of pink lipsticks in the past, from bright bubble gum Barbie pink, to dark sort of magenta pink, and when I discovered how much this resembled pink, I ...

• was a bit disappointed! Don’t get me wrong though, it’s still a nude/hint of brown/hint of mauve/hint of pink/hint of purple type color, but I just wasn’t expecting the pink to show up like that! But anyways, it did apply on to my lips nicely, very creamy like, not drying at all! It isn’t that pigmented though, so if you’re looking for a super pigmented look, I would recommend applying it on to your lips like 3 times. It doesn’t last as long as I was expecting it to though, it kind of lasted 20 minutes, and afterwards I would have to re apply. But let me get back to my con. I went to a party one night while wearing this lipstick, and I pretty much had the nude color look, like a
        beige dress, beige shoes, etc; just pretty natural! And I was so surprised when I looked at photos I was in online, and my lips were looking pink! That’s not what I was going when buying this! I mean I don’t know if it was the flash that was just too bright that brought out the undertones, but sorry, I was not feeling it!

Overall, MAC’s Lustre Syrup Lipstick is pretty good, but I would recommend doing a swatch of it in the store just to make sure it’s the color and shade you want, because it can be deceiving! But I definitely plan on using this during late Winter, since it wasn’t as mauve as I was expecting. The price may be too high for some, but I guess that’s what you get when you buy something from MAC!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3112101293460931/k2311a1012/10.12.10