A Nightmare on Elm Street (2010): movie  » Movies  »
  • Overall, I have to say I liked the movie, but I thought it could've been better
  • The movie definitely held my interest and was suspenseful
  • Still, it was interesting to watch them uncover the terrible truth

• by opalina143

I need to start off by saying that I never saw the original Nightmare on Elm Street, so I have nothing to compare the 2010 remake to. I can’t say which version is better. I approached the Night on Elm Street remake as I would any other movie, with no preconceptions. Overall, I have to say I liked the movie, but I thought it could’ve been better.

The story is about a group of

teenagers who are having haunting nightmares. In these nightmares, they see a man who is terribly burned and has knifelike claws on one hand. He saw some further nightmares, and when he injures them or kills them, they are hurt or die in real life. The opening scene is of a boy in a diner. He is obviously very tired, actually to the point of exhaustion. Things get weird and we realize he’s dreaming. A terribly burned man appears and kills him, and he dies a gory death in real life, killed in the diner in front of the waitress, who was his friend. Then, at the funeral, we find out that other teenagers have been having similar nightmares. As the body count rises, we realize that all the teenagers are connected in some mysterious way. The two main characters emerge and try to unravel ...

• A Nightmare on Elm Street (2010): movie
      the mystery of their past as they struggle to survive.

The movie definitely held my interest and was suspenseful. In the beginning, I was surprised at which teenagers died. When the heroes of the story emerged, I was rooting for them very strongly. They were very likable and I wanted them to survive. Freddie, the villain, was very scary and evil, a terrible human being. Of course, I knew what the connection between

the teenagers was just from the previews and knowing a little bit about the original movie. Still, it was interesting to watch them uncover the terrible truth.

The weakest part of the movie was the ending. I would’ve liked it if they’d gone with a clear-cut ending rather than trying to do the typical “horror movie” ending, which was unsatisfying. The ending was definitely the main flaw of the movie. Overall, however the movie was pretty good.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1112101293430931/k2311a1012/10.12.10