MaterNational for Wii
  • I purchased MaterNational for the Wii for my two boys, which are almost 4 and 5 years old
  • I wouldn't suggest this to somebody who just wants to sit their young kids down (if they can't read) in front of the t

• by jennrenai

I purchased MaterNational for the Wii for my two boys, which are almost 4 and 5 years old. It is rated E for everyone. My boys can handle the racing part pretty well, but they can’t read yet so they don’t always know what they need to be doing next.

They know you can make Lightening McQueen and Mater into monster cars but didn’t know how to do it so they had me playing it to try to figure it out.

I actually got kind of hooked on it for a while.

I was able to get McQueen into a monster car but have yet to figure out Mater. I followed the directions and found all of the parts to make Mater a monster truck and went back to the place it told me to take the parts, but I have yet to find an option that allows us to drive him.

My kids are always wanting me to play the game ...

• to try to figure out the Mater monster truck deal. They will play for a while but all they can really do is just plain racing which only gets you points and doesn’t get them any closer to making Mater a monster truck.

But overall, the game if fun and you can choose to drive several different characters from the Cars movie. I wouldn’t suggest this to somebody who just wants to sit their young kids down (if they can’t read)

in front of the t.

v. with a video game and be able to go off and do their own thing though, because they will likely not be able to figure everything out on their own and will be needing some help to get through parts of it.

I enjoy the music though. The background music on the game is the soundtrack from the movie.

My kids have seemed to get bored with it now though since we haven’t figured out the mater part yet.

Sorry, there are no related reviews at moment
    The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2812101293210931/k2311a1012/10.12.10