Chicken Pot Pie recipe  » Recipes  »
2.5
  • Hope you enjoy it as much as my family does

• by anitbit

My recipe for Chicken Pot Pie. This is a different version of Hurry Up Chicken Pot Pie by Paula Deen. Below is my recipe:

Ingredients 2 cups cooked chicken or canned chicken 3 hard boiled eggs, chopped up 1/2 cup thinly sliced carrots 1/4 cup celery (cut up) 1 can cream of chicken soup 1 cup chicken broth 1/4 teaspoon salt 1/4 teaspoon pepper

2 cups instant bisciut mix 1 1/2 cups milk 1/2 cup melted butter

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 11 x 7 x 1 1/2-inch baking pan/ casserole dish with a cooking spray. (I use an olive oil cooking spray for everything)

In a large bowl mix together 1st 8 ingredients. Pour into casserole dish. Rinse out large bowl and mix up the biscuit mix and milk. Pour over the casserole. Melt the butter in microwave and drizzle over casserole. Bake casserole for 40-50 minutes until the top is golden brown.

• My comments about recipe: I put the casserole on a cookie sheet then in the oven in case it bubbles over. This is a great dish and you can use any combination of veggies with it.

Optional Ingredients (for canned chicken) 1/4 cup chicken broth 1 shake of liquid smoke 2 shakes of each: garlic powder, onion powder, salt & pepper Obviously the canned chicken is not as good as freshly cooked chicken or rotisserie chicken so if

I have time I will take the canned chicken, put it in a small saute pan with the optional ingredients and cook until most of the broth cooks up. Smash up the chicken chunks with a fork. Then continue with recipe.

To reheat: If I have time I will heat up in oven for 20-30 minutes or if I don’t want to wait that long I put it in the microwave for a few minutes to heat inside of dish. Then I put it into the oven to get the top toasty.

That’s it. Hope you enjoy it as much as my family does.

Chicken Pot Pie recipe

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 4912101293030831/k2311a1012/10.12.10