Mini-Dachshund  » Pets  »
  • I know that because my family had never missed having a dog for a pet
  • My boyfriend and I bought her off the net as a testament of our commitment to each other

• by pepay_arjean

For almost a year now, I’ve been caring for this one adorable mini-dachshund called “Tokwa”. Apparently, these dogs are probably the most adorable and sweetest pet that you can get. I know that because my family had never missed having a dog for a pet.

We’ve had mongrels from various breeds, Chinese Shar-Pei, racing breeds, hounds, dobermans…you name it, we’ve taken care of A LOT of dogs. The dogs left our care because we had to give them away for financial reasons and some were actually requested to be adopted by friends and other family members.

Among the selection of dog breeds that

I’ve given you above you can say that Tokwa is the first small dog that we’ve had–ever. My boyfriend and I bought her off the net as a testament of our commitment to each other.

We figured a small dog wouldn’t be much of a bother to take care of so we opted for a mini-dachshund. Her breed didn’t sell as expensive as other small dog breeds at the time and I’ve always wanted one since high school.

We chose Tokwa because she was registered to PCCI (Philippine Canine Club Inc. ), the biggest dog registry in the country, and this certification proved that ...

• she is indeed a pure-bred mini-dachshund.

The funniest thing happened when my boyfriend and I took Tokwa home for the first time. My mother laughed saying, “Is that a dog or a rat?”.

Tokwa was about 2 months then. I was constantly worried about her since we bought her from the breeder at a very unhealthy state.

She looked so fragile and weak seeing that she had her ribs sticking out from her skin, she was incredibly stinky and her eyes were bulging out from what we thought was malnutrition althought we’ve come to realize that these really are the type of eyes that

she has and I can’t help but feel a little warm inside when I look at her seriously huge puppy-dog eyes (Can I get a big “Aw…. ”?).

She’s very healthy now but she gets appetite moods where she almost wouldn’t eat for two days. The doctor said that this was normal for her breed.

Generally, dachshunds are very energetic dogs and they get moody when they’re bored. Their energy might be irritating for impatient owners but dachshunds like to play ALL THE FREAKING TIME! I know I got irritated but it’s hard to get angry at such a tiny creature with HUGE puppy dog eyes.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2912101293000831/k2311a1012/10.12.10