Post Cocoa Pebbles  » Food  »
2.5
  • While I definitely wouldn't call this cereal horrible, it never really was one that I could find a whole lot of satisfaction in eating
  • The cocoa-flavored pieces of cereal were alright to the taste, but the cereal never was particular delicious or tasty to eat
  • Nowadays, I don't even consider purchase Cocoa Pebbles when the cereal is on sale or I come across a coupon

• by CirclingCanvas

Post Cocoa Pebbles, like Post Fruit Pebbles, has artwork of Fred Flintstone and Barney Rubble on the box. I recall getting more enjoyment out of watching reruns of The Flinstones than eating this cereal.

While I definitely wouldn’t call this cereal horrible, it never really was one that I could find a whole lot of satisfaction in eating.

tasty to eat.

The cereal was mildly flavorful, but with so many cereals out there, mildly flavorful just doesn’t cut it.

Another thing was like a lot of other breakfast cereals, this cereal softens in milk to the point where it’s so soggy that it’s just not that enjoyable to eat.

At leas as a snack, it was a little crunchy, although not as crunchy as General Mills Cocoa Puffs, which at the time, I ate ...

• more of.

The General Mills cereal was tastier, crunchier and held up better with milk than the Post cereal.

Then however, I discovered General Mills Count Chocula, another chocolaty cereal that put both aforementioned cereals to shame.

Compared with Cocoa Pebbles, the Count Chocula cereal had a more prevalent and richer chocolaty taste and it had a crunchier texture, too.

Plus, the Count Chocula cereal came with marshmallows, which made the cereal sweeter and added an additional

flavor to the mix, while both the Cocoa Pebbles and Cocoa Puffs only had a chocolaty taste going for them.

Nowadays, I don’t even consider purchase Cocoa Pebbles when the cereal is on sale or I come across a coupon.

My choice of a chocolate-flavored cereal is the Count Chocula cereal.

The Cocoa Pebbles cereal is just average, with neither the flavor nor the texture of the cereal standing out, and that is why I’m rating it a “5″.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2711101292310731/k2311a1011/10.11.10