L’oven Fresh Mini Cupcakes  » Food  »
  • Eating just one usually doesn't do it for me, but two definitely does
  • While I prefer to make cupcakes from a box mix over purchase cupcakes that are already made, not only because it's cheaper and I get more cupcakes for my money but also because the cupcakes tend to be more moist and stay fresh longer, I don't always have the time to do go that route

• by CirclingCanvas

L’oven Fresh Mini Cupcakes come twelve in a pack for two dollars. The mini cupcakes boast the colors of Halloween: black and orange.

The sprinkles are black and crunchy, although contribute nothing in terms of flavor, but still are pleasant to eat because they add a degree of crunchiness that contrasts well with the smooth frosting and soft cupcakes.

The frosting is orange but tastes just like white frosting, so it’s orange appearance is due to food coloring.

The frosting is sweet and

smooth though, and like the sprinkles, is a pleasant touch that helps give these cupcakes an unmistakable Halloween theme.

The Halloween colors do make these mini cupcakes appear attractive and appetizing, and during the months of September and October, it’s fun to eat foods that are decorated in the spirit of Halloween.

As for what’s underneath the black sprinkles and orange frosting, the cupcakes are soft and fresh, and perhaps even more importantly, reasonably moist.

The cupcakes aren’t quite as moist as the ones ...

• that are made from box mixes, but for pre-made and packaged cupcakes, they really aren’t at all bad.

The cupcakes are indeed minis, so they are smaller than the average cupcake that is made using a box mix.

A couple of bites and one will be all gone.

Eating just one usually doesn’t do it for me, but two definitely does.

I have only come across these cupcakes at ALDI Food Market stores, but other stores that carry primarily off brands and generics

may carry these cupcakes as well.

While I prefer to make cupcakes from a box mix over purchase cupcakes that are already made, not only because it’s cheaper and I get more cupcakes for my money but also because the cupcakes tend to be more moist and stay fresh longer, I don’t always have the time to do go that route.

In instances such as those, I may decide to buy these mini cupcakes again as they were more than satisfactory.

I would rate them an “8″.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2711101292220731/k2311a1011/10.11.10