BPost (Belgian Post Office)  » General services  »
Av. C. Thielemans, 22-24, 1150, Woluwe-Saint-Pierre, Brussels, Belgium
  • The first thing I like about it is that they are really everywhere
  • I consider this fast already and so far, I have not lost any letter or parcel which the Belgian post office delivers

• by bethbarl

BPoste is the post office here in Belgium. The first thing I like about it is that they are really everywhere. You could go to the busy Rue Neuve and they have about 1 or 2 branches there. Each commune or town has a post office and they have mail boxes everywhere. Even if you are in the supermarkets (Carrefour/GB Express and even Del Haize), BPost always has a kiosk for basic mailing needs (excluding sending of packages).

The first time I went to the Post Office in Woluwe-Saint-Pierre was an exercise in futility. Due to the wrong communication transmitted by the Post Office staff on the phone with regards to the package that was supposed to be delivered to my home, I had to pick-up the package myself in the

post office branch indicated on the return slip.

To get to this post office, it is best to take bus number 36 (trams also pass this route) as you can be quickly lost with all the construction work going on in Boulevard de Souverain and its surrounding areas. Take stop Chien Vert, cross the road where there are tram lines, walk about 2 corners and the BPost should be there (if you have the time, you can also check out their magnificent town hall which to me resembles more like a palace than a town hall).

You should not forget to take a ticket as soon as you come in. When I was there 2 weeks ago, there were a lot of people but there were also enough personnel in the ...

• counters. In the end, picking up my package as well as posting some correspondence went rather quickly and smoothly. I like that the staff also informs you and offers the possibility of buying stamps in bulk which at the end of the day is not such a bad deal €10 worth of stamps would only cost about half this price.

The delivery is usually prompt – about 1 day for letters within Belgium. International letters or packages such as those destined to neighboring counties like Luxembourg, France and Germany may take up to 2-3 days. I consider this fast already and so far, I have not lost any letter or parcel which the Belgian post office delivers.

If I am not in the mood to go to their offices, it

is sufficient to post my stamped letter and drop it in one of their mail boxes (look out for the red hat symbol/mail box which is visible on the streets). Again, there is one right across the road where I live which makes it easy for me to post letters for as long as I have stamps. The only downside is the last collection is at 14h30 while other post boxes in the city have at least until 7 in the evening.

As a public office, I find that BPost works quite well. Sending packages and letters is easy. The letters and packages are sent out quickly and the published rates are reasonable. I find it a reliable and trustworthy courier service which I envisage using more in the future.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2511101292050731/k2311a1011/10.11.10