Benefiber Non-thickening fiber supplement powder 16.7 oz  » Health  »
  • I was really quite impressed with the products performance
  • I highly recommend it to anyone who needs fiber, or anyone at all, really
  • It certainly can only help your health, and if you don’t mind paying a little more for this brand, you can avoid drinking sludge

• by reviewabit

I purchased Benefiber because of the claims that it was tasteless and did not thicken in water or change the texture of what it was mixed into. I have irritable bowels syndrome which flares up from time to time, and I have been taking fiber supplements on the advice of my doctors for years. For most of that time, I used Metamucil or similar brands, which are thick, grainy, disgusting and really hard to get down if you mix them into liquids.

Benefiber was a bit more expensive than I expected it to be– but I had a store coupon so I gave it a try.

I was really quite impressed with the products performance.

It was initially difficult to dissolve in cold liquids, but with a bit of patience it did finally completely dissolve, and it was virtually undetectable in the water. The glass of water looked and felt completely clear.

I could detect a very faint taste of the product, which was not unpleasant, and was so mild that it can really only be tasted in plain water. If it is mixed with juice or another liquid, you wouldn’t even know it’s there.

I have found that for digestive purposes, it works fairly well– although I have to ...

• give higher ratings in that department to the goopy psyllium brands that I took before. The Benefiber does still work, just not quite as obviously.

I willingly sacrifice both the extra money and the slight edge that Metamucil has over Benefiber with constipation to enjoy the relief of not having to drink the grainy Metamucil. I have also found that, like the package says, you can add it into food products as well, if you prefer to eat your extra fiber to drinking it.

It is even more undetectable in food than in water. An added benefit of this product and its yucky tasting competitors

is that it can significantly lower cholesterol, more palatably than garlic or fish oil, and certainly more safely than statin drugs.

None of us who eat the typical Western diet really get enough fiber. This product is an effective, safe, and non-painful way to get some of that extra fiber and health benefit.

It is good for our hearts and digestive systems, and won’t make us gag. I highly recommend it to anyone who needs fiber, or anyone at all, really.

It certainly can only help your health, and if you don’t mind paying a little more for this brand, you can avoid drinking sludge.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3411101291820631/k2311a1011/10.11.10