Self Brand Super Maxi Sanitary Napkins 16 count  » Health  »
0.5
  • I found their feminine products and bought a small package
  • I was disappointed, but felt sure I could “make do” with them until I got home
  • Needless to say I will never be buying these pads again, unless they are the last pads on earth, and even then I would still consider the oven mitt first

• by reviewabit

I’m taking a moment here to write of a terrible product that is about fifty years behind the times. When I ran out of sanitary napkins and needed some as an emergency, I happened to be close to a Dollar Tree store so I went in there to get whatever they happened to have. I found their feminine products and bought a small package.

I asked to use the store’s restroom, and there I opened up my purchase. Now I have bought cheap pads before, and I wasn’t expecting much, but I was actually shocked at how badly these were

designed.

The Self Super Maxi “heavy flow” is a moderately thick pad, perfectly rectangular, not quite long enough, and has no covers, and no wings. There is a fairly wide paper strip on the bottom which hides two very thin, tiny, practically worthless adhesive strips– which don’t stick to anything more than thirty seconds.

I was disappointed, but felt sure I could “make do” with them until I got home. What did I expect for a dollar, anyway? Looking back, I should have spent the dollar on an oven mitt.

It would have worked better. To make up ...

• for the lack in size and length, I used two of the pads overlapped.

This was not a wise decision. After only about thirty minutes of walking around shopping, both pads had freed themselves from their adhesive, folded in half longways, and seemed to have plans of their own.

One was trying to escape from my clothing. The other was rolling itself into a very uncomfortable ball.

Neither of them were on duty for their intended purpose, and I was soon asking to use the store’s restroom again to find out what kind of insanity was going on in my clothing.

To make a long story short, they were all over the place– and for the time that they were actually in place, their absorbency was completely used up.

Maximum absorbency? It lasted less than an hour before needing to be replaced, and I was not having a particularly heavy day either. Needless to say I will never be buying these pads again, unless they are the last pads on earth, and even then I would still consider the oven mitt first.

I don’t recommend them to anyone, ever. I wouldn’t mop my floor with them.

Sometimes you really do get what you pay for!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3411101291780631/k2311a1011/10.11.10