Caltrate Plus Chews- calcium supplement tablets
  • The tablets did cost less over all, but the novelty and idea of something that tasted like candy– and having a perfectly good excuse to eat something that tasted like candy– was very appealing
  • I thought they were a bit firmer than they should have been for a chew
  • I bought these chews for several months before finally deciding I needed to trim my budget, and be a big girl and swallow the big calcium pill
  • I really miss those Caltrate Chews, and if I ever get rich, I will definitely take those instead
  • I would recommend this to anyone who doesn’t mind paying a bit more for their calcium in exchange for not having to swallow horse pills

• by reviewabit

I have a hard time swallowing huge tablets, and it seems like most vitamins and supplements are made for giants. When my doctor suggested a calcium supplement, I wanted to find the smallest tablets possible, even if I had to take three or four at a time. Instead of that, I happened to notice Caltrate Chews on the shelf, and I liked the idea of a candy-like substance that I could chew rather than swallow. It took a bit of debating back and forth for me to decide.

like candy– and having a perfectly good excuse to eat something that tasted like candy– was very appealing. I decided to try the chews. As soon as I got home with them, the cap was off.

I just had to try one. They were fruit flavored, in three different colors. I could never quite decide which flavors were supposed to be what, but they all tasted pretty good.

It was like eating candy. I thought they were a bit firmer than they should have been for a chew. It was more like the kiddie candies and I did find ...

• it sticking to my teeth.

I really didn’t mind though, because I was enjoying the taste. I bought these chews for several months before finally deciding I needed to trim my budget, and be a big girl and swallow the big calcium pill. I really miss those Caltrate Chews, and if I ever get rich, I will definitely take those instead.

The only two problems I had were minor. Since the chews are large, the packaging is large as well, and it did not fit on the shelf with my other supplements. Under ordinary circumstances, I might have forgotten to take them because of

this.

But because they tasted like candy, forgetting them was not really an issue. The other problem was that I wanted to take more than the recommended dose. It was actually hard to stay away from them! This would probably not be a great choice for someone with a candy addiction or poor self control.

I don’t know how many of them it would take to do you any harm, but maybe they should have made them taste… not quite so good. I would recommend this to anyone who doesn’t mind paying a bit more for their calcium in exchange for not having to swallow horse pills.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3411101291760631/k2311a1011/10.11.10