Duro Med Inflatable Cresent Shampoo Basin  » Health  »
  • Fortunately after a little research, I found an affordable product that gave me all the help I needed
  • It also allows for a healing, relaxing and stress-free experience for the patient
  • It is a very nice feeling to have someone washing your hair and little treats like that, I believe, can aid in recovery

• by reviewabit

I am a caretaker for my elderly mother, who has multiple health problems. When she had a surgery last year, her mobility was severely restricted during recovery. Bathing had to be done in bed, pretty much, as I lack the upper body strength to move her and it would have been a bit too painful for her anyway.

Washing the hair is certainly a challenge for a bed ridden person. Fortunately after a little research, I found an affordable product that gave me all the help I needed.

The Duro Med Inflatable Cresent Shampoo Basin simply blows up, is placed under the head while the patient is lying flat,

and holds the water that you use for washing and rinsing the hair. This product was a lifesaver for me.

It was not very expensive, and probably would not be durable to hold up for many years, but that was ok, because this was a temporary situation for us anyway. Now that I no longer need to use the basin, it is deflated and stored easily, just in case we ever need it again.

After I got the hang of using it, there was not much leakage or spilling of water. I think the design is quite clever.

It has a long drain tube that you use ...

• to drain the used water into a pail– no mess, and no need to remove the basin to change out water. I did have to employ the use of several empty buckets for changing out soapy water for rinse water, etc.

But still it was so much easier than trying to use a standard tray or basin, and I was able to rinse her hair fully with clean water. My mom says the indention for the neck is quite comfortable.

She never had any complaints about the product at all, and was fine with her head lying in it for some time while I worked on her hair.

It also allows for a healing, relaxing and stress-free experience for the patient.

It is a very nice feeling to have someone washing your hair and little treats like that, I believe, can aid in recovery. This would be a great product for anyone confined to bed, even if it was just for a case of flu and you wanted someone to wash your hair rather than being dragged out of bed to the shower and using all the energy you had left! I’d love to have someone do that for me, but so far I have not managed to talk anyone into it.

But if I can, I already have the right equipment!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3411101291750631/k2311a1011/10.11.10