Redken Color Extend Shampoo for color treated hair  » Health  »
  • I color my hair regularly, and although I thought the color was lasting just fine, I was assured that with the Redken, it would last longer, and my hair would be in better condition because it was a superior product and brand
  • Since I can see no real effects from the Redken, I can only recommend it for people who really like to use upscaled products that cost more even though they are no better than the stuff you get at Walmart for a third of the price of Redken

• by reviewabit

I was given this Redken brand shampoo along with its mated conditioner as a gift. A friend of mine loved it and raved about it, and wanted me to try it for a long time– but I was putt off by the price tag, which was outrageously expensive. I color my hair regularly, and although I thought the color was lasting just fine, I was assured that with the Redken, it would last longer, and my hair would be in better condition because it was a superior product and brand.

My initial impression was positive, because I liked the styling of the bottles, and the shampoo had a nice smell. The first time I used

it, I felt it to be a bit “heavier” than my usual shampoo and conditioner.

Maybe it should weigh more if it costs more, I thought. Upon drying my hair, it felt pretty much the same as my usual brands.

Good, but not different enough to pay three times as much for. I reported to my friend the next day that I liked the products, not wanting to be rude and ask “So what’s the big deal?” I was told I would be “amazed” at how much better my color held up after I had used the shampoo and conditioner for about a month.

I suppose this is what her hairstylist told her. At the ...

• end of a month, although I have to admit I did not use the Redken every single times I washed my hair, I took a good look at the color on my hair.

My roots were growing out– obviously it could do nothing to stop that. I could not tell any difference whatsoever in the “vibrance” of the color than when I used my less expensive (and less heavy) products.

I made a careful note of how it looked and had other family members to take a good look too, because I wanted to know if anyone thought the color of my hair looked significantly more vibrant after I applied new color to it. Everyone came

to the same conclusion that I did after I applied the new color.

Other than the roots now matching the rest of the hair, it looked absolutely the same. It seems that the brand of haircolor I use must do a pretty good job of keeping itself “vibrant” and obviously does not need any help from overpriced salon products.

Since I can see no real effects from the Redken, I can only recommend it for people who really like to use upscaled products that cost more even though they are no better than the stuff you get at Walmart for a third of the price of Redken. It’s certainly not a bad product, but it is just not that special.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3411101291740631/k2311a1011/10.11.10