Ensure Rich Creamy Complete Balanced Supplemental Drink, butter pecan
  • I think Ensure is a fantastic product for anyone who needs extra help getting their nutrition

• by reviewabit

When I suffered a severe case of food poisoning, from which a month long ordeal of nausea and lack of appetite plagued me, my partner and family were doing anything and everything to try and get me to eat. Even the softest and blandest of foods turned my stomach. I could not even tolerate the smell of cooking in the house.

I would only drink anything that was cold and tasted sweet. After a doctor’s visit, I was instructed (more like commanded!) to buy a meal replacement/supplement and the name of it–

the well-known leader– Ensure.

Even knowing it would likely be cold and sweet, I was a difficult patient. I didn’t want chocolate and was tired of vanilla.

When I saw there was a butter pecan flavor available, it took me by surprise– and I conceded finally that I could at least try it. Butter pecan was my favorite flavor of ice cream, after all.

How bad could it be?

I expected this shake to taste like meal replacement bars and shakes I had tried in the past– grainy,

too thick, tasting like vitamins or having a bad aftertaste. I was really hoping the butter pecan flavor could at least kill some of that.

I demanded the little cans be chilled for a few hours before I would even try. I was grateful that they were small.

When I reluctantly tried the first one I was very pleasantly surprised. Not only did it taste nothing like the grainy-vitamin-tasting stuff I expected, it actually tasted really good!

Much to my surprise and everyone elses, I drank not ...

•  Ensure Rich Creamy Complete Balanced Supplemental Drink, butter pecan
      one, but two of them.

It was the closest thing to a full meal that I had experienced in a couple of weeks. I continued to drink the Ensure butter pecan and when they ran out, I wanted more.

Eventually I got back to eating solid foods, and using the shakes as occasional supplements. I credit Ensure for playing a large part in my recovery.

Getting the nutrients I needed into me was very important in giving me the strength to fight my way back to health and

normal eating. Having a product that was completely enjoyable and not a struggle to get down made things so much faster and easier.

I think Ensure is a fantastic product for anyone who needs extra help getting their nutrition. I know it is commonly used for the elderly, but I think anyone who is sick or has a poor appetite could benefit greatly from these.

I don’t know how they “hide” the taste of the vitamins and minerals, but they obviously know what they are doing!

Jorge Due as says :

The supplement is made specifically for people who want to maintain good or gain weight, as in my case. It comes in a variety of flavors.
Some that I know closely are strawberry, chocolate, and nut butter.
The only flavor that I have experience with is homemade vanilla shake.
The size of the bottle is 8 fluid ounces.
I recommend it to anyone who needs to drink this, such as underweight people, people who need to gain weight for sporting purposes, and pregnant women who have trouble eating anything to get their calories for the day.
It’s loaded with a lot of vitamins and protein, plus the taste isn’t too bad (considering it’s a soy-based product).
I drink it twice a day and it might upset your stomach at first just because the body isn’t used to drinking all those vitamins at once.
It also has an aftertaste.
Other than that, when you get into the routine of drinking at least one a day, you will feel healthier.
It also has ingredients that help strengthen your
immune system, which will help you avoid getting sick in the future.
As for any supplement, speak with your doctor before starting this product because you may want you to drink more or less than two bottles a day.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3411101291730631/k2311a1011/10.11.10