Mainstay 4 Drawer Chest Alder  » Furniture  »
0.5
  • We knew that it wouldn't be a really good dresser since it cost so little
  • I was completely disappointed in this chest of drawers because we didn't even get the $50 worth out of it before it was rendered useless
  • I would not recommend this product to anyone
  • It was definitely not worth the trouble that it was to have to run back to the store to return it and pick up another one and then have trouble getting it together once we did have all the right parts

• by Dawn

My son needed a dresser in his room when he moved into the house. Since he had a job, he wanted to purchase it with his own money. We found one for him at Walmart that would be in the right price range. It cost him $59.92. That’s a really good price for a dresser so he made the purchase and we brought it home to put it together. We knew that it wouldn’t be a really good dresser since it cost so little. You can’t get good quality for furniture for that amount of money. He just needed something to put his clothes into though.

When we opened the box, there were some key pieces missing so we couldn’t put it together. We had to put it back in the box and return it to the store. We exchange it for another box and the pieces

were all in the second box. We put the dresser together and it worked just fine for my son to put his clothes into. Within a couple of weeks, one of the drawers completely fell apart and we were unable to repair it. That was quite disappointing. Although we didn’t expect a top quality look to the dresser, we did expect it to last longer than it did. This has taught us a very valuable lesson. We no longer purchase products that are obviously cheaply made.

The dresser itself was okay looking considering how much it cost. It wasn’t a beauty, but it wasn’t altogether ugly either. Had it not been for the total lack of decent construction, the dresser would have been perfect. It should have lasted far more than a couple of short weeks. I was completely disappointed in this chest of drawers because ...

• we didn’t even get the $50 worth out of it before it was rendered useless.

I would not recommend this product to anyone. It was a nightmare from start to finish. Even if you are lucky enough to have all the parts in the box when you get it home, it isn’t likely to last for more than a few weeks. It is cheaply made, and rightfully so considering the price. I ended up having to purchase a much better dresser for my son so that he would have a place to keep his clothing rather than on the floor. I should have never let him purchase this cheap piece of furniture in the first place. I was trying to let him deal with a little responsibility while feeling good about the fact that he had bought something himself. Had I known that the furniture wouldn’t

last longer than that, I would have put my foot down and told him to wait to buy a better quality piece of furniture that wouldn’t fall apart when you tried to open the drawer. That is a bit ridiculous even for a cheap piece of furniture. I have owned other things such as filing cabinets that were just as cheap that lasted for years. I don’t understand why this piece of furniture was so different from that.

I would not purchase this chest of drawers again. It was definitely not worth the trouble that it was to have to run back to the store to return it and pick up another one and then have trouble getting it together once we did have all the right parts. It wouldn’t have bothered me a bit except for the fact that it so quickly became unusable. Stay away from this dresser.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5711101291560631/k2311a1011/10.11.10