Conair Compact Fabric Steamer  » Housewares  »
0.5
  • I bought a dress that couldn't be ironed with a regular clothes iron
  • I decided to purchase a fabric steamer to see if it would do a good job at getting the wrinkles out of the dress
  • I found the Conair Compact Fabric Steamer at Walmart
  • I would consider this a fair price only if it actually worked
  • I would not recommend that you purchase this product

• by Dawn

I bought a dress that couldn’t be ironed with a regular clothes iron. I decided to purchase a fabric steamer to see if it would do a good job at getting the wrinkles out of the dress. I found the Conair Compact Fabric Steamer at Walmart. I purchased it at the price of $24.93. I would consider this a fair price only if it actually worked. I wasn’t convinced that it would though.

When I got home, I opened the package and was immediately confused by the whole thing. There were so many pieces to it and I honestly didn’t know what I was getting into. I read the instructions because there was no way that I was going to figure this out on my one. I added

the water to the tank and began the steam adventure. I hung the dress up on the door so it would be easier to handle. I then began to steam it as per the instructions. I ran over each spot on the dress several times and it did appear that it might be working. I then had to wait for it to dry. That’s right, the dress was now wet. I would say damp, but it didn’t quite qualify for that title. It wasn’t dripping wet, but it was wet enough that I was glad that I wasn’t steaming it on the day that I had to wear it.

I left the dress hanging over the door until the next day. When I went back to check it,

• the wrinkles didn’t seem to have been affected very much by the steam treatment. Don’t get me wrong, some of the wrinkling was gone, but the fabric steamer really didn’t do a very good job at getting the wrinkles out. I was very disappointed in this product and I couldn’t return it because I had already used it. I would never purchase this product again. It was a huge waste of money that I could have spent taking the dress to the dry cleaners to be ironed and come out with more money in my pocket. I felt as though I had been ripped off. I don’t mind spending money on something as long as it works like it is supposed to. This steamer did not do
        the job at all and I can’t justify having spent even a single penny on it.

I would not recommend that you purchase this product. You would be much better off taking the clothing to the dry cleaner to get it steamed there. They would at least get the wrinkles out and you wouldn’t have to worry about whether it was going to be dried in time. This was a loser product that just wasn’t worth a plug nickel. Save your money and get it done professionally. You want to look your best at all times and Conair was a real let down on this particular product. It should be pulled from the market, that is how bad it is. Do yourself a favor and skip this one.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5311101291500631/k2311a1011/10.11.10