George Forman 72″ Grill with Removable Plates  » Housewares  »
2.0
  • What I like most about the George Foreman Grill is that both sides cook at once
  • That is definitely not what I got from it
  • I was really disappointed in the fact that the steaks turned out so tough
  • It was convenient to use and easy to clean
  • I do not recommend this product for anyone

• by Dawn

I wanted to have something that I could easily grill steaks on without having to broil them in the oven. I am not particularly fond of cleaning a broiling pan because they can be very difficult to get clean. I shopped at Walmart for a small indoor type grill. I had heard a lot about the George Foreman Grill and decided to give it a try. I paid $45 for the unit. That seemed reasonable comparing it with other grills of the same type.

I grilled steaks on the grill the first time I used it. It was very easy to use. I first preheated the plates and then placed the steak on the grill. I then turned on the timer so that I would know when

the steaks were done. What I like most about the George Foreman Grill is that both sides cook at once. There are two plates, one to cook the bottom of the meat and the other to cook the top. This gets the steaks done very quickly too. The grill is very easy to clean. The plates are removable and you just wash them like you would any other dishes. It is a non-stick surface so the food comes off extremely easy.

What I didn’t like about the George Foreman Grill is that the steaks tend to come out much tougher than they would if you had grilled them outdoors or on the broiler in the oven. I didn’t particularly care for that. I like a very ...

• tender steak that melts in the mouth. That is definitely not what I got from it. I was really disappointed in the fact that the steaks turned out so tough. That was the last thing that I expected. I also didn’t care much for the taste of the steak when it is cooked on the George Foreman grill. The taste was a bit off. That made the determination for me that I didn’t care for this product.

I would not purchase this product again. It was convenient to use and easy to clean. The trade off was very tough meat and a taste that wasn’t quite right for a steak. It wasn’t worth the trade off. I want my food to taste good and I want

my meats to be as tender as possible. There is really no reason that I would use this product again. It now sits in the closet collecting dust because it’s just that bad. The good thing is that it never burned the steaks or other food that I tried to cook on it. I think that would be nearly impossible. A little burned is necessarily a bad thing though. I would rather it be a little charred than to have to fight with it to cut the steak when it was done. I would also rather have a little bit of burnt taste on the steak than a completely different taste like I seemed to get from the George Foreman Grill. I do not recommend this product for anyone.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5311101291460631/k2311a1011/10.11.10