Mainstays Plush Decorative Pillow  » Housewares  »
  • I decided to purchase two of them, one for each end of the sofa
  • Each pillow cost $10.00 which was a great price compared to other throw pillows that Walmart had
  • I paid for them and they were going to get used
  • I noticed that the pillows were a little difficult to keep clean
  • I will probably never fully figure out if I like the feeling of the material, but it's fun trying to figure it out

• by Dawn

I needed some throw pillows for my sofa in the family room. I went to Walmart to look for some and found the Mainstays Plush Decorative Pillows. I decided to purchase two of them, one for each end of the sofa. They matched the sofa and room décor so I decided to go ahead and buy them. Each pillow cost $10.00 which was a great price compared to other throw pillows that Walmart had. How could I really go wrong choosing throw pillows?

I got the pillows home and placed them on the sofa. I got mixed reactions from people. The pillows were indeed soft as advertised and they were a good size. The material they were made with was a little bit different though. It was like

a soft suede material. I wasn’t really sure if I liked that or not. The feeling of the material was sometimes almost a sticky feeling. Everyone who sat down had a tendency to pick on up and hug it while they were talking. They all said the same thing, they feel weird. I didn’t change them though. I paid for them and they were going to get used. They couldn’t tell me if the weird feeling was good or bad. If they couldn’t tell me that, it must not have mattered to them. It still seemed like they like to hug the pillows anyway.

I noticed that the pillows were a little difficult to keep clean. They easily got spots on them and you are only supposed to ...

• spot clean them. I didn’t listen to those directions though. The pillows would get far too dirty for just spot cleaning. I put them in the washer and they came out just fine. I was pleased with how they turned out anyway. I have had these pillows for about a year now and we have really gotten a lot of use out of them. We have laid on them and sometimes abused them by using them in pillow fights. They have certainly stood the test of time, wear and tear.

I would probably buy these pillows again. The material did feel a bit strange, but no one could really figure out if they liked the strange feeling or if they didn’t. They were comfortable to lay on and

they make a great weapon in a pillow fight. I would recommend these pillows for those who don’t mind the odd feeling of the pillows. It’s actually a good conversation starter. These pillows are about ready for the garbage bin now, but they have certainly done their time. That was $20 well spent just to get the conversation started in the house. I will probably never fully figure out if I like the feeling of the material, but it’s fun trying to figure it out. I often find myself feeling the material without even thinking about it. It could be some subconscious wondering of why the material is so intriguing. I certainly have not been able to figure that out in a year. It is doubtful that I ever will.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5311101291450631/k2311a1011/10.11.10