Sharp EL-2630PIII Deluxe Heavy Duty Color Printing Calculator
  • This wasn't the best calculator in the world but I didn't have to do major calculations on it either
  • I wasn't overly impressed with the calculator, but it wasn't too bad considering what I needed to use it for
  • I wouldn't recommend this calculator for those who will use it several hours everyday
  • I would however consider purchasing it for my home

• by Dawn

I work in an accounting department and need a ten-key calculator to do large calculations. I want to make sure that everything is in order when I do accounting work because, quite frankly, I could get fired if my calculations are off. I was given the opportunity to choose the ten-key calculator that I wanted. I chose the Sharp EL-2630PIII Deluxe Heavy Duty Color Printing Calculator. They carry it at Walmart for $67.35. That was a very reasonable price for a ten-key calculator.

This wasn’t the best calculator in the world but I didn’t have to do major calculations on it either. My job was more to balance out accounts receivable and bank deposits. These are large deposits and therefore needed to be calculated by a calculator.

I liked the calculator. The buttons are a little more difficult to push than that of more expensive calculators. After I got used to the keys, it was easy to figure out how much pressure that I needed to put on the keys. I wasn’t overly impressed with the calculator, but it wasn’t too bad considering what I needed to use it for.

I don’t use the color printing too often. Black is generally good enough. I do sometimes see red ink on the paper for negative numbers, but that is about as far as I go with that. The red makes it easier to distinguish certain numbers and patterns in the numbers. The calculator is a decent one for simple calculations. If you use the ten-key ...

• calculator all day long, you probably would want something that was a little easier on the fingers though. It could be a long day if you have to push that hard on the buttons all day long. You don’t need a ten-key calculator for most everyday home tasks. They are a nice thing to have around when the need does arise though. This just isn’t a calculator that is good for office use. If that is what you need it for, purchase a better one.

I wouldn’t recommend this calculator for those who will use it several hours everyday. I would, however, recommend it for those who only need to use it limitedly. It is great for people who want a calculator to do their taxes which

is only done once a year. It will make the job much easier. It is great for an in home calculator but it wasn’t very good as a business calculator. It isn’t as sturdy as some of the other calculators that are made for office use. I also find it difficult to change the paper in this calculator. That is the case with any calculator though. I have never been able to replace the calculator tape without having serious problems in doing so. I probably wouldn’t purchase this calculator again for office use. I would however consider purchasing it for my home. I probably wouldn’t use it that often but it would be nice to have one there for tax time and balancing the check book once a month.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1611101291420631/k2311a1011/10.11.10