Westinghouse Casanova Supreme Ceiling Fan and Lamp  » Housewares  »
  • I spend a lot of time in my home office and I need it to have the best air quality as possible and at a comfortable temperature
  • I like the fan but I won't say that I love it
  • When I bought it, I thought that I would be able to overlook the fact that it was white
  • The truth is, it mattered much more than I thought it would

• by Dawn

Having a ceiling fan can make all the difference when it comes to circulating the air around in a house. I was particularly concerned with the home office in my house. I wanted to keep the air moving and add a little bit of extra light to the room as well. I purchased the Westinghouse Casanova Supreme Ceiling Fan and Lamp at Walmart. The purchase price was $69.00. That was about medium pricing range for ceiling fans with lights. The color of the fan is white so it will match nearly any décor in any room.

I had someone install the ceiling fan for me. I really didn’t want to bother with something electrical. The fan works well for what it is meant to do. It adds a great

deal of light to an otherwise dark room. I have to have a lot of light when I am working and this ceiling fan provided me with much more light than I was used to having in this particular area of the house. I even used the spiral fluorescent lights that tend to give off a much softer light than regular light bulbs.

The ceiling fan had three settings for the fan. Low, medium and high as per a normal ceiling fan. I generally keep it set on high in the summer months and low in the winter months. This allows the air to circulate throughout the year. I spend a lot of time in my home office and I need it to have the best air quality as ...

• possible and at a comfortable temperature. I like the fan but I won’t say that I love it. I am not crazy about the white color, but it works for that room. It reminds me a bit of a hospital room. That is not the look I was going for but the price was right and it worked well for what I needed in the room. That is the most important thing.

I would suggest that you purchase this ceiling fan only if you don’t mind the white color of it. It color can be a little off putting when entering the room. Although I don’t spend my days staring at the ceiling fan, it can make the difference in the feel of the room. I would much rather

have a brown, wood type color. The fan will work well for you if you can get past the color. I, personally, would not purchase the fan again. When I bought it, I thought that I would be able to overlook the fact that it was white. The truth is, it mattered much more than I thought it would. I would purchase a different color the next time. That is the only reason I wouldn’t purchase it again. If you have a room that already has a lot of white in it, this fan will only make it sterile looking, but not in a good way. It will look more like a hospital room than a room in your home. No one wants to spend that much time in the hospital.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5311101291370631/k2311a1011/10.11.10