Anna Sui Forbidden Affair perfume
  • This for me is good as I don't like to carry expensive perfumes in my bag that I'm wearing for fear of breakages or having my bag stolen
  • This is suited for women probably over twenty five upwards and is quite a light scent so best worn for special occasions during the daytime in my opinion
  • It has a sweet but incredibly sexy edge to it that almost reminds me of Agent Provocateur fragrances, so if you like any of those I think this would be ideal for you to try

• by Ticktock

I have always been a fan of perfumes by Anna Sui as they are so breathtakingly different, not only in the appearance of the bottle they come in but in the actual scent itself.

What drew me straight away to this before I even realised who it was by was the bottle. This really does deserve a mention due to the quirky and sheer obscurity of the design.

The bottle is at first glance an upright standing oval shape, which on closer inspection looks as if it’s bursting out of some cascading glass all around the edges. It may sound odd but it really is very striking and if you weren’t aware of the perfume you certainly would be drawn to it by

looks alone.

The bottle is topped off with a just as elegant looking lid which is in the shape of a crown - making this look like something fit for a princess to wear, and indeed it certainly is..

This is a beautiful fragrance and is made up of some very feminine notes which are:

Top notes~ Lemon Redcurrant Black currant

Heart notes~ Rose Raspberry Pomegranate

Base notes~ Musk Cedar Violet

Judging by the notes used in this you can tell it’s a very feminine fragrance with a juicy twist added by the fruity elements used in this.

This is a perfect perfume as far as I’m concerned as though it has all the hallmarks of being too floral and too sickly it avoids them by balancing ...

• out perfectly with the likes of the fruity notes; namely the raspberry and blackcurrant.

On first wearing this it’s obvious the blackcurrant is a main contender for being the dominant scent here, however after the fragrance starts to settle the heart notes come into play. The rose is a delicate - but strong presence in this perfume and can be detected almost instantly whilst once the fragrance has got ‘comfortable’ on my skin it turns into something completely different.

The remaining scent left is an earthy, musky one which has a sweetness to it. The violet does make n appearance but is very delicate so as not to overpower the other notes.

This lasts for an amazingly long time once spritzed onto the skin,

so to me it’s very economical as there is no need to keep topping up throughout the day.

This for me is good as I don’t like to carry expensive perfumes in my bag that I’m wearing for fear of breakages or having my bag stolen.

This is suited for women probably over twenty five upwards and is quite a light scent so best worn for special occasions during the daytime in my opinion.

It has a sweet but incredibly sexy edge to it that almost reminds me of Agent Provocateur fragrances, so if you like any of those I think this would be ideal for you to try.

This can be purchased from most large stores that stock designer perfumes so check locally for availability and price.

You guessed it, it get’s a full 10 out of 10 from me.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5611101291330631/k2311a1011/10.11.10